Gibson Brands Forums

I done did it

Dub-T-123

Oh man!! That is one sharp looking guitar. I love the look of a bigsby on SG's. I have a special that I want to do the same thing to and that picture right there may have just put me into full on go mode. Did you have to modify the B3 in any way to fit the SG?

Oh man!! That is one sharp looking guitar. I love the look of a bigsby on SG's. I have a special that I want to do the same thing to and that picture right there may have just put me into full on go mode. Did you have to modify the B3 in any way to fit the SG?

Thanks all!

I didn't modify the SG at all (no drilling required). I used a couple pieces of hardware from "Towner" which allowed me to install the Bigsby using only the existing strap button screw (actually a longer screw in the same hole)

I recommend this setup over the vibramate that Kidblast suggested for a couple reasons..

The vibramate/B5 combination puts the Bigsby too close to the bridge and you can't adjust the break angle of the strings. With this setup the Bigsby is at a more proper position, and the down tension bar allows to get as much or as little of a break angle as you want. So tuning can be more stable with this setup IMO

Friends don't let friends Beegsbee.

rct

I was expecting this exact post from you. You didn't let me down :)

I cant see the pic!!!! I have to see this!

Hmm I embedded it with Photobucket so I'm not sure how I could change it. Want me to email you the photo? Happy birthday brotha!!!

Hmm I embedded it with Photobucket so I'm not sure how I could change it. Want me to email you the photo? Happy birthday brotha!!!

Went through my phone. Damn that is sweet!!!! Let me know if you ever want to sell that baby!! (...or you could prostitute it out)

I like it very nice. What is the problem with bigsby?? Not up on this as I do not work on them and only have one guitar with it.

Well, we have Leo's trem because Pauls Bigbsby sucked. Leo's trem sucked, so we got Floyd Rose. Floyd Roses sucked so we got Wilkinson. You guessed it, they suck too. It's a long line of suck.

rct

Went through my phone. Damn that is sweet!!!! Let me know if you ever want to sell that baby!! (...or you could prostitute it out)

Shouldn't you be concentrating on a NGretschD-a-few-days-ago-but-I-wasn't-allowed-to-open-the-box-at-the-time thread, Bill?................eusa_think.gif

And Many Happy Returns of the Day!

Pip.

Shouldn't you be concentrating on a NGretschD-a-few-days-ago-but-I-wasn't-allowed-to-open-the-box-at-the-time thread, Bill?................eusa_think.gif

And Many Happy Returns of the Day!

Pip.

Ha!!! If I was smarter, I should have at set the alarm for 12.01 this morning and opened that box. Now I'm at work waiting for 5:00. If I was a betting man, I would bet that my wife makes me wait until after dinner and cake... She is enjoying this.

That looks fantastic.

And better balance too

Thanks man! You're right about that

Thanks! This guitar is my baby though. I got it when I was in high school and I've never played another SG that I liked as much as this one. It's going to the grave with me!

Well, we have Leo's trem because Pauls Bigbsby sucked. Leo's trem sucked, so we got Floyd Rose. Floyd Roses sucked so we got Wilkinson. You guessed it, they suck too. It's a long line of suck.

rct

I've had really good luck with the vibrato on my Strat and now this Bigsby. When I think "tuning issues", I think about the nut, saddles, setup, and player. Since I've already addressed these issues with my SG and Strat, they're working beautifully for me!

I wouldn't try to change your opinion though. Not only am I confident that I wouldn't be able to do that, it's more fun having you around as the hard tail hard-*** :)

Thanks man! You're right about that

Thanks! This guitar is my baby though. I got it when I was in high school and I've never played another SG that I liked as much as this one. It's going to the grave with me!

I've had really good luck with the vibrato on my Strat and now this Bigsby. When I think "tuning issues", I think about the nut, saddles, setup, and player. Since I've already addressed these issues with my SG and Strat, they're working beautifully for me!

I wouldn't try to change your opinion though. Not only am I confident that I wouldn't be able to do that, it's more fun having you around as the hard tail hard-*** :)

I've had the bar on the rctRW now for about six months. That's six months longer than the previous 46 years of guitar playing. It's...ok. I had Floyds in the 80's and hated them too. Not so much the tuning issues, they don't bother me at all, it's the habit, lots of people just punctuate with it all the time. I use it for the band and the material, but I could do Blackmore and Hendrix and Trower without it just fine like I used to. We were doing some Halen and I enjoyed having it, but we kinda dropped them songs.

rct

I've had the bar on the rctRW now for about six months. That's six months longer than the previous 46 years of guitar playing. It's...ok. I had Floyds in the 80's and hated them too. Not so much the tuning issues, they don't bother me at all, it's the habit, lots of people just punctuate with it all the time. I use it for the band and the material, but I could do Blackmore and Hendrix and Trower without it just fine like I used to. We were doing some Halen and I enjoyed having it, but we kinda dropped them songs.

rct

Oh dude I understand that 100% about the habit!! Neil Young is my guy when it comes to vibrato.

Now that is once lovely piece of kit. Congrats and enjoy - and you will.

Thanks!!

Archived