Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone inspired by 1955 ABR-1 bridge

xajuran

While researching this guitar, I never saw anyone mention that it has an ABR reproduction bridge. It is not the Nashville tuneomatic, its a wire-equipped ABR-1(ish) thing.

This pic is terrible, but all I have for now. Ill post another later.

post-83669-022325800 1487100394_thumb.jpg

After dropping it down a bit and tweaking the truss rod, the action is crazy good. I am excited that this was the bridge that they used!

Xajuran

While researching this guitar, I never saw anyone mention that it has an ABR reproduction bridge. It is not the Nashville tuneomatic, its a wire-equipped ABR-1(ish) thing.

This pic is terrible, but all I have for now. Ill post another later.

post-83669-022325800 1487100394_thumb.jpg

After dropping it down a bit and tweaking the truss rod, the action is crazy good. I am excited that this was the bridge that they used!

Xajuran

yeah, it's the standard Epiphone ABR style "lock tone" bridge. all Les Pauls and SGs come with these

I guess thats why I am still a newbie. I thought that Epiphone was putting Nashville TOM's on everything.

Is there a benefit to replacing the bridge with import conversion posts and something more sturdy?

i don't think Epiphone has used Nashville bridges in about 15 years or so. i've never had a problem with their stock bridges so i couldn't say there's a benefit.

I had to replace a saddle when I first got my Epi LP, but I've had no problems since. It feels as sturdy as any bridge I've ever rested my palm on, or tweaked intonation on.

I wouldn't fix it if it's not broken. If you're wondering because you want to upgrade just because - I think you already have a top-notch bridge on there. I'd save the money for an eventual re-fret, that you'll much more likely need than a new bridge.

(Could be the lighting, but... I think my fret wire is a bit sub par, as in it has more wear than usual for a guitar after a year.

Then again, I bend. A lot. I turn into Imaginary Slash with that tone.)

Archived