• This topic is locked

Metallica US Tour With Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat

#41 User is offline   saturn 

• Jay
  • Group: Members
  • LocationThe Dena

Posted Yesterday, 10:36 PM

View Postrct, on 19 February 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

"I'm worth 40 million dollars. I care what a 50 thousand a year critic thinks?" Lars Ulrich

rct

If that's a true quote, I now respect Lars more than ever.

#42 User is offline   rct 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouthern New Jersey

Posted Yesterday, 11:09 PM

View Postsaturn, on 19 February 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

If that's a true quote, I now respect Lars more than ever.

It is. It was in Rolling Stone, long time ago.

How 'bout this one, my favorite:

"We will never...(pause for effect)...(italics for emphasis)ever...make...(pause again)...a video." Lars Ulrich

In the olden days he used to travel ahead of the band by himself, did all the press, said all the dumb things. I can't remember all the gems back when they were "legit", before whatever gave us One. Not ever a big fan, just remember their seemingly constant fight with themselves over being a pop band, something they truly seemed to hate becoming as they became one. Sucks to get that paycheck I bet.

rct

#43 User is online   cody78 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationEngland

Posted Today, 02:31 AM

View PostFZ Fan, on 19 February 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

What you perceive as negative comments are called opinions. If you love and adore all things Metallica have put out then that is what you like and I can not dispute your opinion. That is why it is an opinion and not a fact. It is like when I talk to my wife and she asks me a question and then does not like the answer she gets. Well then don't asked me the question. This is a forum and this section of it is for any topic to be discussed. A comment was made in an earlier post that I don't like anything, which is untrue. I think that most bands start out and have a hunger for success and that is when they do their best work and then they run out of ideas and rest on their laurels. I will even admit that about bands I like. Some people may agree with me and some people may disagree. I happen to think Metallica have not made a decent album since Justice. Which is my opinion.

There I am now off the Soapbox. Sorry you had to listen.

Ha! No problem, of course you are entitled to your opinions and that's fine. I just find it interesting that a lot of Metallica fans take things so seriously with statements like 'Cliff Burton would be rolling in his grave', 'only the first 3 albums are proper Metallica records' and so on. If Metallica had stayed the same there would be critics saying 'they always sound the same', if they change people say 'they sold out'. I guess a lot of Hetfield and Ulrich's early comments didn't help with this and they themselves took everything too seriously.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

3 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. cody78