Gibson Brands Forums

Keep the Sigs? Photos and Recording Added!

BluesKing777

Ouch.

I guess that means you watched Guitar Boogie?

Warned you. [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

So, I can feel the power transference from the golden guitar with golden signatures pulsing through my fingers and mind and can say that the magic guitar has already made me a way better guitar player and I can see the value of the guitar go through the roof, especially when I mention the scratch shines blue light! True! And underneath that grubby exterior, in another scratch, I thought I caught the gleam of.....

Gold Leaf! [biggrin]

(I think I better give it a coat of clear plastic to keep it all in, and the sigs ON).

BluesKing777.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you saying is not that far fetched. Besides standard guitar, I also play square neck lap resonator guitar. About 10 years ago I ran into Jerry Douglas (the Tommy Emmanuel of square neck lap resonator guitar players). He was surprised I recognized him. Long story short, we talked square neck resonator guitar playing for about 10 minutes. When I went home, I swear my square neck guitar playing was improved just from meeting and swapping square neck playing with Jerry Douglas. Maybe it just made me feel that I was a better square neck player, probably so, but my playing was better by briefly associating with the king of square neck players.

BTW, if I had a square neck resonator guitar that Jerry Douglas signed, I would not erase it only because it was Jerry Douglas' autograph. One doesn't erase Jerry Douglas' autograph in reverence to his square neck playing.

That doesn't mean I'd have him sign my square neck guitar. But, if I bought one that had his autograph on it, I surely wouldn't erase it.

QM aka "Jazzman" Jeff

ihyOIl9.jpg

Since I picked up my Lowden S35, is that only 2 weeks ago? - I have looked over the internet and not come across one single guitar of the same woods in the Lowden S35 models. I assume they made a few, but they are invisible, so far.

I emailed them and they were vague but helpful, about the same as another certain company we know....hmmm.

There are a few for sale with the same model/build but with walnut back and sides instead of my Tasmanian Blackwood, like this one - probably what mine looked like new and pre-sig:

http://www.crguitars.com/site/items/lowden-s35-wa-rc-2015

BluesKing777.

edit: here is another photo of the back of mine - Imgur is so speedy! Thanks to those who helped:

0yTJDae.jpg

Archived