Gibson Brands Forums

Keep the Sigs? Photos and Recording Added!

BluesKing777

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BK- those photos out in the BK garden are always enjoyable; has Photobucket been behaving better for you? Dave F cued me into to the fact that Photobucket was working fine with Google Chrome; I downloaded it, and am now able to access the share links for my photos.

Photochuckit is working abysmally, 62B.... slightly, slightly better than it was when it was not working at all last week but no good - just too kranky.

I joined another outfit,signed, sealed and delivered....and then it wouldn't load any photos! [tongue]

Someone suggested opening a new account. In a new name....that will be next when I get a moment.

And good ole Soundcloud has been really slow to load recently, now that PB is sort of back.

BluesKing777.

Hey 62B, thanks for the input. I got a batch of pics from Elderly showing a multitude of cracks that weren't in the photos on their site. It's a bit much, though they call it a tone monster. I would go $2600-2800 maybe, but they won't go there. There's a long side crack that's worrisome too. I hate those aggressive flat picking a-holes that rumple up the area around the guard and chip away at the sound hole. Can't fix that. Gonna' pass on it. I'll keep shopping.

No longer interested in dealing with the gross ads on Photobucket, which may be drowning their site, but by using Google Chrome (thx, Dave F), at least I'm able to copy the links to all of the photos I've uploaded there. Imgur is easier/faster.

Imgur is one of the ones that I signed for...

First photo test:

http://imgur.com/a/uHOFZ

Just a link!

Second test:

http://imgur.com/a/uHOFZ

So how do we get the photo to come straight up in the thread like I do with PB?

BluesKing777.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/uHOFZ"><a href="//imgur.com/uHOFZ"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can't get it to work!

Don't have 'properties' no matter where I click, so lost after that....

I'm trying to come up with someone who I would allow to walk toward my guitars with a magic marker in their hand, intending to sign them. I can't name one. When you spill that first splash of gin on it and have to whip out the naptha, the sanctification will begin. That scrawl detracts from the beauty of the guitar. Sorry, but I can't get past it. jt...shame! Would you EVER let anyone sign one of your guitars?

Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide whether to implode my entire financial solvency by buying this...

https://www.elderly.com/catalog/product/view/id/135717?utm_source=EMAIL+WEEKLY+FORMAT+02%2F20%2F17&utm_campaign=EMAIL+WEEKLY+FORMAT+02%2F20%2F17&utm_medium=email

If that guitar sounds good and doesn't need a neck reset (that would be the big question to me), that's not a bad price IMHO. Maybe since it's on consignment the seller may come down a bit. No harm in investigating. I wouldn't care about the rough looks and overspray if it's got the tone!

If your pc works the same as mine, here's what I did.

Right mouse button click then click on Properties

bb1_zpsiihvvsgs.jpg

Properties window opens, copy the URL

bb2_zpsl3nyzna7.jpg

Paste this URL in the Insert Image

bb3_zpsbdvbnsso.jpg

Whoa, Dave, that's way more stuff than I was doing. From imgur site, once signed in, clicked on the drop down menu under my imgur ID->images, clicked on the image I wanted to post to the forum, and on the right side of the options, selected the "Direct Link" "copy" button, posted that link here, using the "insert image" button here on the reply/edit page. Mac-based here.

Whoa, Dave, that's way more stuff than I was doing. From imgur site, once signed in, clicked on the drop down menu under my imgur ID->images, clicked on the image I wanted to post to the forum, and on the right side of the options, selected the "Direct Link" "copy" button, posted that link here, using the "insert image" button here on the reply/edit page. Mac-based here.

Yea, you can do it the easy way too [thumbup]

Congratulations BK, now you can keep providing us with your great photos, also for one of the longest non-Gibson threads in the Acoustic Forum. The 'cheap pick' conversation is catching up though.

Well I am really pleased to get the photos happening from Imgur to this forum......Photobucket has turned into a real PITA. Ruined my expressionism/expressionising.

Now we are released, maybe a new guitar to photo is in order?

BluesKing777.

Another test photo drop from Imgur - I can't get my photos to download from my MacBook to Imgur on that machine (where I load my photos to!) - I emailed the photos below to myself and downloaded them to Imgur on my work p.c.

I guess the Macbook isn't supported by Imgur - the 'load image' area is greyed out....

ihyOIl9.jpg

rHSO06N.jpg

7Q5gtXn.jpg

BluesKing777.

If that guitar sounds good and doesn't need a neck reset (that would be the big question to me), that's not a bad price IMHO. Maybe since it's on consignment the seller may come down a bit. No harm in investigating. I wouldn't care about the rough looks and overspray if it's got the tone!

I've been eyeballing that one as well, though not in the market just now. Doubt that the neck needs set - the Elderly consignment approach is usually to more or less require the owner to take care of issues before they'll accept the instrument. The tone - ah, yes - I'm just glad not to be planning a trip up there anytime soon😌

Well, there was nothing for it but to download the Giggle Chrome on to my MacBook - Imgur works and downloads now - it may be some kind of conspiracy!

Some test photos of Cargill and Lowden together - hey, it works like a dream compared to stupid Photobucket!:

sor7DXl.jpg

qOGVcHN.jpg

ycj2TVX.jpg

More to come

So one more test of Imgur - this photo is a close up of the signatures of Tommy and Phil that I started the thread about.

As the days go past, I am realising what an absolute gem of a guitar I have! I was looking at the various lurks for a used Lowden friend the future, possible trade but wow! They are really expensive!

OK, the sigs - TE says TE CGP (Certified Guitar Player - By Chet A.)

This is loading the photo from my laptop to Imgur via Google Chrome, thanks all here for pointing that out, and then the Gibson Forum - doesn't seem to really want to...here goes

Edit - Worked! Hooray! (you would not believe how I was getting the photos from Photobucket recently - across the Camel Trail and through the Silk Road, let me tell you! Again - Hooray!!!!)

KVfzoyF.jpg

BluesKing777.

Hey BK. It may have more to do with my internet than yours, but the last set of pics are so freekin' huge I can veritably step into the grain on your guitar. Some setting is wack somewhere. FYI y'know.

Ok, last photo sized down. WTF is Tommy Emmanuel again? This writing on guitars has to stop!

Hey BK. It may have more to do with my internet than yours, but the last set of pics are so freekin' huge I can veritably step into the grain on your guitar. Some setting is wack somewhere. FYI y'know.

Ok, last photo sized down. WTF is Tommy Emmanuel again? This writing on guitars has to stop!

Thanks JZ.

I think something is wacky in the photo code, but mine looks fine once it thinks about it for a mo' and redraws them at the right size. A bit weird. Still better than Photobucket which doesn't even want to open the photo before the day is over.

Better call Ghostbusters, because apart from them we have no hope of fixing it!

And if you don't know who Tommy E is, just stay blissfully unaware, JZ. Claimed as a Certified Guitar Player by Chet.....and most guitar players that watch him go home and put a foot through theirs! [mellow]

TE list! (Start with Guitar Boogie to get the picture!)

https://www.thisismyjam.com/artist/Tommy+Emmanuel

BluesKing777.

Archived