Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul HP: stripped an allen nut on the Nut

Hello there, I have this Les Paul HP 2016 and I was trying to adjust the nut height, and stripped the tiny allen nut in the middle... any help or advice to be offered? kind of freaking over it... a little worried to say the least

Have you got a local big store or shop that offers set ups and that sort of service? Where are you based?

Have you got a local big store or shop that offers set ups and that sort of service? Where are you based?

Sorry for the late reply, I didnt recevive any notifications. I am in Turkey, I will take it to a luthier in the weekend but wanted to collect some info until then: Luckily I guess, I managed to move the nut so it is loose now, so maybe a replacement if that is be available somewhere?

Sorry for the late reply, I didnt recevive any notifications. I am in Turkey, I will take it to a luthier in the weekend but wanted to collect some info until then: Luckily I guess, I managed to move the nut so it is loose now, so maybe a replacement if that is be available somewhere?

Is it a brass nut? If so - Gibson offer a free replacement to a nickel or titanium one, as the brass ones were known to have issues. Otherwise, looking into something like the Graphtech nut for Gibson zero fret nut or something similar might be a worthy investment. Good luck! Ask any questions if you need - myself and others are happy to assist!

Is it a brass nut? If so - Gibson offer a free replacement to a nickel or titanium one, as the brass ones were known to have issues. Otherwise, looking into something like the Graphtech nut for Gibson zero fret nut or something similar might be a worthy investment. Good luck! Ask any questions if you need - myself and others are happy to assist!

Yes I guess I could somehow replace the whole nut, but it is the little screw in the middle I stripped, an almost microscopically tiny part that adjusts nut height, maybe I should ask Gibson for a replacement. It is a titanium nut. Thanks for trying to help.

Archived