Gibson Brands Forums

HNSD

pippy

Huzzah!

Last week Riffster posted a thread on the arrival of his new strap from Heistercamp in the UK. I was so impressed both by his review and the look of their products that I ordered one of their straps to replace one of mine which was falling apart. It arrived half-an-hour ago - eight days after the order was placed which is a pretty fast considering each strap is tailor-made.

I haven't really used it for more than a few minutes and I have yet to swap-over the straplocks but here are a couple of quick snaps anyhow;

Contents of pack. Leather coaster; a pair of rubber strap-rings; a pair of picks; a nice letter(!); the strap wrapped for protection and the canvas drawstring-bag;

lo-res%20IMG_7610_zpsedafkasv.jpg

Detail of the adjustment buckle;

lo-res%20IMG_7617_zpszpl9lfaf.jpg

Overall snap;

lo-res%20IMG_7616_zpssvmzhiwy.jpg

I have to say my thoughts echo Riffster's from last week; The quality is top-notch and the strap is absolutely GORGEOUS in the flesh.

They offer a range of strap lengths and a variety of options as regards colours, fittings and even what type of strap-holes the player wants.

This is the 'Apache' strap from their 'Raw' range; 2 1/2" wide in the colour they call 'Borage' (a sort of slightly faded blue-denim hue) with 'Ochre' stitching and D-shaped buckle in 'Antique Silver' finish.

£44 inc. p+p in the UK.

I'm a Very Happy Bunny!

msp_biggrin.gif

Pip.

msp_laugh.gif

They really ARE very much worth the price. I can't fault it in any way. It's a Beautiful thing.

In real life the blue isn't quite so vibrant as it appears in the second and third pics.The first one is quite accurate but you can't see much strap in that photo. It's very slightly darker with a teeny hint more cyan (I blame the photographer for getting it wrong). Actually, with the contrasting Ochre stitching, it looks exactly like a slightly-washed-out, well-kept pair of Levi's....

If anyone reading this lives in the Birmingham (UK - not Alabama!) area and are interested in seeing them for themselves then Heistercamp told me in an e-mail that they will have a stall at the Guitar Show in the New Bingley Hall, Birmingham, on the 25th & 26th of this month. Our very own Rabs will also be there with his RabsWood range of guitars so what more of an excuse do you need?!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

That looks very nice Pippy, and bet smells just as good. I already know which strap I will order next but I will treat myself after I sell some gear that I do not use, that'll be my prize.

I added the Schaller strap locks to mine, I used a scouring pad to remove the chrome finish and now they match the buckles on the strap and the distressed hardware of my'58 reissue.

Nice strap Pippy.....They're certainly very good quality straps.....Highly recommended!

Thanks, Pin, and I couldn't agree more. But you have a pair of them yourself as I recall so you don't need me to tell you how fine they are!

color cast aside,, -- really nice.. and just might be the next strap I seek..

You would NOT regret it, KB........msp_thumbup.gif

That looks very nice Pippy, and bet smells just as good. I already know which strap I will order next but I will treat myself after I sell some gear that I do not use, that'll be my prize.

I added the Schaller strap locks to mine, I used a scouring pad to remove the chrome finish and now they match the buckles on the strap and the distressed hardware of my'58 reissue.

Interesting about the scouring pad. I didn't notice until I posted the snaps but it looks like I'll have to give my R0's p'up covers a bit of a tidy-up; there seems to be some, erm, (say it quietly) rust oxidation on the bridge cover......msp_blink.gif.......msp_scared.gif.......(and as a matter of interest check out the finish-checking in the same pic!).

EDIT : I was initially going to pair the strap with my R0 but half-an-hour ago I threw it onto the Lake Placid Blue Strat (I was in Strat Mood) and I don't have the heart to remove it; visually it's a match made in heaven. Which means I'll simply HAVE to order another strap for the R0............won't I?.............eusa_think.gif

Oh! The Hardship!!!

Pip.

This got me looking for new straps and I've bought this....It's padded and comfortable. Bargain.

I'm delighted to read that something positive came out of it for you, Larry. Congrats! Made of leather, too. Which colour did you go for?

Is that one going on the Hamer Sunburst, by any chance? I see they advertise them as being an 'Acoustic Strap'......eusa_think.gif......

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

I'm delighted to read that something positive came out of it for you, Larry. Congrats! Made of leather, too. Which colour did you go for?

Is that one going on the Hamer Sunburst, by any chance? I see they advertise them as being an 'Acoustic Strap'......eusa_think.gif......

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Mmm. It probably will. But I got all of my straps together yesterday and I think I have a strap addiction! I bought the brown one.

Archived