Gibson Brands Forums: Audio Bug - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Audio Bug Deck A & B drag and drop

#1 User is offline   Junior_R 

• Group: All Access

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:09 PM

When dragging and dropping an audio file from the browser into decks A or B while any A or B decks are playing the audio drops out and become distorted...the audio driver seems to get corrupted ...But only for deck A or B.I have no problem if A is playing and I drag and drop into C or D Or B playing and drag and drop into C and D...with or without my behringer controllers hooked up strange [scared] . I have replicated it over and over...The key tagged import works really well I must say....I use BeaTunes 4 to scan my file for BPM and Key tagged info....Key info gets imported with the color code that BeaTunes 4 uses really nice [thumbup] ....wish Deckadance would read the BPM info also just for less analyzing of my file. wouldn't need to analyze twice which makes the process somewhat frustrating...

....Edit...
Just ran some more test by deleting v 2.72 and reinstall each version from v2.43 - v2.61 and I am only have this issue on current version v2.72 couldn't find beta v 2.71 to test...
AMD Phenom 11 X6 1090T
RAM 16GB

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the report. I don't know what can be the problem with the audio drops out yet but I'm going to investigate it. Do the audio drops out disappear when the song is fully loaded?

#3 User is offline   Junior_R 

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 16 February 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

Thanks for the report. I don't know what can be the problem with the audio drops out yet but I'm going to investigate it. Do the audio drops out disappear when the song is fully loaded?

I will see if I can make and upload a video for you to see what I am talking about...

#4 User is offline   Junior_R 

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:32 AM

View PostJunior_R, on 21 February 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

I will see if I can make and upload a video for you to see what I am talking about...

I made a video of the bug that I am talking about but.... sorry I am not allowed to upload the video

#5 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:04 PM

Could you upload it to youtube (...dropbox, google drive, etc.)? The forum has limitations about the format and size of the files and I don't have permissions to change it.

#6 User is offline   Junior_R 

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

View PostLuis Serrano said:

Could you upload it to YouTube (...Dropbox, google drive, etc.)? The forum has limitations about the format and size of the files and I don't have permissions to change it.

Deckadance Audio drivers issue in v2.72 vs v2.61 You hear a loud audio click when loading files on v2.72 compare to v2.61 where there is no drivers problem and the system does not lock up compare to v2.72 where the program become unusable...But v2.61 runs great.....Just strange...The problem is mainly with decks 1&2 not 3&4 but it locks up randomly on v2.72....Uploading the videos sometime today to YouTube....because the problem is still there even after a clean install of windows 10 and Deckadance....
Also I am having trouble trying to understand how the software handles the Cue and BPM storage for each individual file. In the C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanton\Deckadance 2\beatmarks....there is a folder system and a filing system the folders are number form 1 - 255...In those folders there are more folders are that have no apparent system to them, they look like there are randomly generated and numbered..Then in those folders there is the XML generated file for each individual file with the name of each audio file. Witch would make it impossible to search for the XML file that correspond to a certain audio file. Because you don't know what folder to look in. Now in the root folder of beatmarks there is also XML generated files with the file name of individual songs as well but with the corresponding number to each tracks that I can understand somewhat. Now for the song that are missing CUE points and BPM info ...that I know that I already cued and scanned how do I recover those form the file system that the software uses. I now that one of the filing system is from and older version of Deckadance...witch one is it...? The folder system or the just plain XML without the folders. It's getting really frustrating loosing these cue points and have to cue them over and over....

YouTube Links to videos
https://youtu.be/RWNyIYcSwEc
https://youtu.be/QxCnENJKl48
https://youtu.be/bltJjbLqUOA

#7 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

Thanks very much for the videos, I'm trying to reproduce the problem here. I'm going to upload a new version this week with a few changes (...but not sure if it will change your problem).
About the beatmark files... the folder structure for them was changed a few months ago, the reason is to avoid to put hundreds of files in the same folder (...old behavior) which can cause problems in some systems. But if you have old beatmark files somewhere, you only need to put them in the root beatmark folder and DD should load the data correctly the first time that they are loaded, after this DD's will generate a new beatmark file in the correct folder.

#8 User is offline   Junior_R 

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

This happens every time I open Deckadance v2.72. So I am back to Deckadance v2.61 and this works great which is very strange to me...Lets see if it stays the same with the new update...Also what I was trying to say is that if I delete a file...say a mp3 file of a song and replace it with a flac version of the same song. In Traktor DJ it will let me know that that the file is missing then prompt me via a drop down menu to find the file and add the cue points and bpm and key for the old mp3 file to the new flac file then scan it for a proper beat grid.... Also when will we get a auto gain function in Deckadance? Will the eq kills be addressed in the next update?

#9 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

Junior_R said:

This happens every time I open Deckadance v2.72. So I am back to Deckadance v2.61 and this works great which is very strange to me...Lets see if it stays the same with the new update.

I'm finishing new installers... we will know soon.

Junior_R said:

..Also what I was trying to say is that if I delete a file...say a mp3 file of a song and replace it with a flac version of the same song. In Traktor DJ it will let me know that that the file is missing then prompt me via a drop down menu to find the file and add the cue points and bpm and key for the old mp3 file to the new flac file then scan it for a proper beat grid

I understand it now. It's not possible to do the same at this moment but I will think about it and I will add it to the TODO list.

Junior_R said:

.... Also when will we get a auto gain function in Deckadance?

It's there. Once the songs are analyzed and auto gain is applied automatically. You can see the value of the autogain in the beatmarks file.

Junior_R said:

Will the eq kills be addressed in the next update?

Do you mean full kills? I haven't had time to work on them yet :-(.

#10 User is offline   Junior_R 

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

Auto-gain
It's there. Once the songs are analyzed and auto gain is applied automatically. You can see the value of the auto-gain in the beatmarks file....OK I see it after looking into analyzed files beat mark...Just couldn't understand why they were not showing up on the gain nobs as they do in Traktor DJ...when the file is loaded into the decks...could we also get a auto-gain column in the browser? Any update on the new update as far as what new that will be added and what bugs got fix and released time?

#11 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:52 AM

OK I see it after looking into analyzed files beat mark...Just couldn't understand why they were not showing up on the gain nobs as they do in Traktor DJ...when the file is loaded into the decks...could we also get a auto-gain column in the browser? Any update on the new update as far as what new that will be added and what bugs got fix and released time?

I think that we could imitate Traktor's behaviour. We could add also the gain column in the browser but I'm not sure if it's really an important parameter to see.

Any update on the new update as far as what new that will be added and what bugs got fix and released time?

More or less...

Deckadance 2.73
------------------------
* [new] - Added "virtual deck" widget [DD-401].
* [new] - Added DVS oscilloscope extended info (velocity, position, lead-in, noise threshold and decoder error) [DD-402].
* [new] - Added "Add Songs" button to song manager [DD-403].
* [new] - Added keyboard shortcut for MIDI script developers. [CTRL+S] reload all MIDI scripts [DD-404].
* [new] - Added "Tap" MIDI command [DD-405].
* [new] - Added MIDI scripts for: Numark MixTrack 3 / Orbit / DJ2GO, Akai APC Mini, Stanton SCS.3M, M-Audio Xponent (Special thanks to Connor Moroney) [DD-406].
* [fix] - Fixed waveform mouse scratching display bug [DD-407].
* [fix] - Fixed MIDI scripting commands PREVIEW_PLAY_PAUSE return value [DD-408].
* [fix] - Fixed not showing "key" column in song manager after installation [DD-409].
* [fix] - Fixed Eq High filter [DD-410].

#12 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

...pre-release here: http://forum.gibson....73-pre-release/

#13 User is offline   Junior_R 

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

OK...ran more test today...from 2.51 - 2.73 and I finally found the problem of the audio drop out. [thumbup] It started in 2.71 and still exist in the 2.73 pre-release demo version that was released today. The problem only occur when I change any Equalizer nob on deck A before loading a track into the deck. Then the audio will drop out...This only happens on deck A only. If no Equalizer nob is change in deck A before loading a track then the program works fine....strange [confused] ...Also like the new updates in 2.73...the equalizer kills sounds better than older version...like the new virtual decks display also.

#14 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

Thanks! I have now a good clue to fix the problem.

#15 User is offline   Junior_R 

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

How is the new update coming along...? Hope you have solved the issues...Any idea when v2.73 will be released officially?

#16 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

We are a little bit delayed with the release but I have fixed the problems reported and I'm adding new things, for example I have finished the multi-column sorting for the playlist (...requested a long time ago). I cannot give an exact date for the release yet, sorry.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users