Gibson Brands Forums

les paul standard

ekkerman

Hai everyone, after all the 2015 les paul line bashing i still bought one second hand and i am very pleased with everything!

only issue is the constant tuning i have to do , the g force does work well but it still looses tuning quite fast , i wrapped the strings well and the g,b and e a little more as told by instruction vids.

I keep hearing that it can be caused by the brass nut and there is a replacement you can get from gibson to tackle this problem but how do i get that and are there costs involved or is it service ?

have a nice day everyone and greetings from the netherlands

eric ekkerman

Hai everyone, after all the 2015 les paul line bashing i still bought one second hand and i am very pleased with everything!

only issue is the constant tuning i have to do , the g force does work well but it still looses tuning quite fast , i wrapped the strings well and the g,b and e a little more as told by instruction vids.

I keep hearing that it can be caused by the brass nut and there is a replacement you can get from gibson to tackle this problem but how do i get that and are there costs involved or is it service ?

have a nice day everyone and greetings from the netherlands

eric ekkerman

The original ZERO nut was deemed a failure, and Gibson will replace it with different material (Titanium I think?? not sure()as a warranty service, but you have to call them, (check the Contact pages, for a phone #)

good luck!

Guest Farnsbarns

If you bought it used you have no warranty. It's a good job it's perfectly fine, except the tuning, and the tuning stability, and the nut. [biggrin]

I don't think the nut will cost much to buy and hopefully it will sort out the tuning issues.

Gibson treats this more like a recall item than a warranty issue. I have the replacement titanium frets on my 2015s and it helps immensely. The sustain you get off of a titanium zero fret is amazing. It is worth giving them a call on it.

Archived