Gibson Brands Forums

LA Traffic

Tman

I have been covering for a work partner of mine in downtown LA for a couple of months. It's a 1 hour 40 minute to 2 hour commute each way. Frustrating to say the least.

My bandmate keyboardist does the same thing so we were commiserating over the experience and decided, "Hey let's write a song about it." He is a recording engineer for work (TV and movie studios) in LA so we recorded the song in his home studio. He then asked a friend from his work to make a video.

Disclaimers: Syncing is all off including words and guitar playing but what the hey, it's all in fun. We recorded on Protools using his Nord keys and my Gibson Les Paul Custom lite (that I just sold). The hot woman eating the sandwich is a server at our favorite Chinese restaurant. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuyuQBxs1Js

lol I will have to check this out when I get back from work.

My commute in OC has been sucking worse and worse since they shut down the Ortega Hwy. In the morning I leave early enough that it's only about an hour drive, but the way back home is an hour and a half of misery. I feel your pain tman, SoCal traffic SUCKS

That's a great track. Love the sense of humor.

Nashville traffic is not like that but it has been getting worse with so many people moving here. I am fortunate to go to work against traffic pretty much. I am at work in 20-30 minutes.

Even then this year I started working from home two days a week. Pretty sweet to roll out of bed and be logged on within 15 minutes.

So nice, I watched it twice [thumbup]

That's a hellish commute. I do 20 mins through country roads and quite enjoy it, though am thinking of working from home from next year. I was in Sydney last week and went to see my estate agent in a fairly inner suburb and the traffic was way heavier than when we moved out of that house 8 years ago. Thinking I might sell up cos I would not want to go back to living with that city traffic EVER. Hope you get back to normality soon T'man.

My bandmate keyboardist does the same thing so we were commiserating over the experience and decided, "Hey let's write a song about it."

Well, that was outstanding! I used to do the Pasadena freeway to the Hollywood freeway into Hollywood. About 15 miles typically took 45 minutes. msp_unsure.gif

I also did a rudimentary Leaving L.A. msp_blink.gif

Yeah, LA (So Cal) traffic, is a nightmare! I used to drive from Glendale to Anaheim, several times a week,

for years!! Since the work I was doing was "overnight," the trip down was 40-45 minutes. The trip back, in

the morning, was (more often than not) 2-3 hours! The only "Rush" in "Rush Hour," was the apparent rush, to

sit in your car, on the "Freeways," for hours! So, that kind of traffic, I don't miss, at all!

CB

Farns sent me the link last night and I commented there but I'm delighted to see you shared it here, too!

Really enjoyed it, Two-Ells! Fantastic!

eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

Nice to see some of my old friends from the FSGC commented too.

I have to say; I do miss (most of) that crowd.

I was wondering how you got the aerial shots for the vid. Now I know!

Best wishes to you and yours!

One-Ell.

Nice track Doc. Yes the traffic out there is terrible. Three years a go the wife and I were going to go to a basketball game at UCLA, the game started at 7:30 so I thought I would be safe and leave at 4:30 after all it was a friday night. Then it started to rain, we got there at half time of the game around 8:30 no accidents but people were freaking out. Now here is the kicker, In miles the trip was only 54 miles to get there. We try to avoid going into LA when we vacation there in Orange County. Anyway Great song I enjoyed it.

Thanks everyone. Today took the cake. Deluge of rain, fallen trees, at least an additional 20 minutes. We need the water though. My partner recuperated nicely from his surgery and works regularly downtown starting next week. I don't have to commute any more. Just in time for my 57th.

Cheers.

Thanks folks! Yes Dave, the bass player, does resemble SRV somewhat. He is a monster bass player (amazing).

We are getting ready to record an album (do people refer to it as such anymore?) in the next few months. Wish us luck! If we do videos, we'll do better ones!

Archived