Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Hawkesman

Well, new to me anyway. Just picked up a 2015 Firebird, mint condition. Gold case too - not seen one of those before. I've wanted a Firebird for almost 40 years, so this was my retirement present to myself. I'm really digging the wide neck - I've got big hands and fat fingers, so it suits me well. I was surprised how light it is too as they always look like such big heavy beasts. Neck heavy? A bit, but I've got a really grippy strap I've had since the late '70s which holds everything in place well. Just need to get to know it better now!

Because I know you guys like pics I've posted a couple. Not great quality, but they'll give you an idea.

post-63157-020608800 1487364306_thumb.jpg

post-63157-058147800 1487364313_thumb.jpg

Nice and congratulations on the guitar and retirement. I did the same thing, bought my 1st Gibson LP S Gold Top when I left the railroad.

Thanks for all the positive comments people!

Retired - I retired from the rail industry too, after 38 years!

H.

1487545918[/url]' post='1836293']

Thanks for all the positive comments people!

Retired - I retired from the rail industry too, after 38 years!

H.

Good for you. I started at Union Pacific and when they closed the Omaha plant I had to go to Burlington Northern and retired at BNSF. 34 years and 4 months actual time without layoffs. What railroad did you work for? So far for us, it's like we haven't missed our old way of life.

Good for you. I started at Union Pacific and when they closed the Omaha plant I had to go to Burlington Northern and retired at BNSF. 34 years and 4 months actual time without layoffs. What railroad did you work for? So far for us, it's like we haven't missed our old way of life.

I started with British Rail at the end of the '70s. Stayed with them until privatisation in the mid '90s when I ended up with one of the many private contractors who bought into the rail market at that time. Been with them ever since.

Do I miss it? Well I thought I would, but I don't really. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again.

Cheers.

Archived