Before and After

rct

BEFORE:

2015 EJRW, stock EJ singles, old school pickguard and normal stuff:

Front1.jpg

EJ neckplate and 5 springs on trem not in this picture:

Back1.jpg

AFTER:

2015 rctRW, *Fender Hot Noiseless in an aged Pearl guard, some fancy pots I don't know, rct Pearl topped tele knobs like the rest of my Fenders:

rctRW3_1.jpg

rct neckplate, Luther took a spring out and set the bridge correctly, a first in my 40 whatever years of guitar playing:

rctRW4_1.jpg

Took it out for three hours of rehearsin last night and the pickups preformed as I hoped. Quiet, some girth, still **Strat-y. I am pleased.

rct

*HD Custom Guitar Supply Company, Ashland Wisconsin, sells on Reverb. I highly recommend them.

**Surfpup: Yes, when I am Hughie, which will be any songs but Prisoner and Holiday because I must be Billy for them, I will be using this evil, sulfur smelling, foul non-single coiled stracaster. And you will like it.

RCT, she looks good. With my EJ Strat I put an Antiquity in my bridge position and went with a 3-way switch. I kept the five springs but I never use the trem anyways, I might swap it out with a bridge that does not have an arm at all.

You want to get a back-plate on that thing. You're losing tone...

I don't get it, rct.

You buy an EJ Strat because it's amazing (I remember the original post) but you then go out and swap the pots, p'ups, p'guard, neck-plate, knobs....

Why?

Why didn't you buy a regular Strat and change that instead?...............eusa_think.gif...............or is the bound-neck the only thing which you actually liked about it?

Not trying to be funny I assure you. I'm merely dazed bewildered and confused.

P.

You want to get a back-plate on that thing. You're losing tone...

I don't get it, rct.

You buy an EJ Strat because it's amazing (I remember the original post) but you then go out and swap the pots, p'ups, p'guard, neck-plate, knobs....

Why?

Why didn't you buy a regular Strat and change that instead?...............eusa_think.gif...............or is the bound-neck the only thing which you actually liked about it?

Not trying to be funny I assure you. I'm merely dazed bewildered and confused.

P.

Yup. I don't care about EJ, his pickups, or how light the guitar has to be for him to be satisfied. And man, I had bags of weed heavier than this thing when I was a kid. It was all about the neck and still is. A bound neck-ed Fender? MUST HAVE. Nice blue was a bonus. I think the radius has something to do with it too, but I'm not that up on radiiii. It's like playing absolutely nothing, chords just happen, I don't even try. It's a delicious playing guitar, and now it sounds much more like I would want it to. His pickups are very nice, very Strat-y, just not quiet enough for how I have to use it. I have to have white Pearl on all my Fenders, and I have to have pearl topped tele knobs, with the exception of the fancy S-1 volume/switch on my Jazz all the rest are those Q-Parts knobs.

rct

Very nice RCT, Love it. what color of blue is that? What does Fender call it? I like what you did with the guitar.

That is Tropical Turquoise. I don't think they are putting it on anything but this one at this time, but at some point I'm sure the Mexicans will start to appear with this color, and possibly a bound neck!

rct

That's looking mighty SWEET Ron...

the noiseless pups didn't loose any of the trad strat sound?

Nope. I thought they'd be a tad hotter, but they are great as they are. Quiet, some more thickness than a standard single. Luther has them too high so I'll have to monkey with them a bit to get them down, which might get them a little less output too. But overall, great strat sounds with no noise. Less output than my humbuckers, but that's to be expected.

rct

There was a time I thought Tele's looked kind of ugly, and pearl pickguards did hurt my eyes too. Now I love the looks of both things.

You nailed it with that one, now looks like something I would buy.

May look for those knobs for my Tele, would look fresh!

Pearl topped Tele knobs on all rct Fenders and should be on everyone else's Fenders too

rct

AFTER:

2015 rctRW, *Fender Hot Noiseless in an aged Pearl guard, some fancy pots I don't know, rct Pearl topped tele knobs like the rest of my Fenders:

rctRW3_1.jpg

rct neckplate, Luther took a spring out and set the bridge correctly, a first in my 40 whatever years of guitar playing:

rctRW4_1.jpg

Took it out for three hours of rehearsin last night and the pickups preformed as I hoped. Quiet, some girth, still **Strat-y. I am pleased.

rct

*HD Custom Guitar Supply Company, Ashland Wisconsin, sells on Reverb. I highly recommend them.

**Surfpup: Yes, when I am Hughie, which will be any songs but Prisoner and Holiday because I must be Billy for them, I will be using this evil, sulfur smelling, foul non-single coiled stracaster. And you will like it.

[thumbup]NICE!

The "RCT" engraved neck plate looks definitely CLASSY! :)

And I also admit I am a Fender Noiseless pickup fan myself [rolleyes]

Archived