Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Lucille neck shape

ledfoot

I just bought a new Epiphone Lucille and I'm really loving this guitar, but am curious about the neck. I had a Korean model probably around 2004 that if my memory doesn't fail me had a more rounded softer edges C shaped neck. The neck on the new guitar feels flat with somewhat pronounced shoulders maybe a bit like a modern flat. Getting used to it but it's not really like any of the other guitars I have. I'm curious what neck shapes others have on their Lucilles and if this is a normal shape on the new ones.

I just bought a new Epiphone Lucille and I'm really loving this guitar, but am curious about the neck. I had a Korean model probably around 2004 that if my memory doesn't fail me had a more rounded softer edges C shaped neck. The neck on the new guitar feels flat with somewhat pronounced shoulders maybe a bit like a modern flat. Getting used to it but it's not really like any of the other guitars I have. I'm curious what neck shapes others have on their Lucilles and if this is a normal shape on the new ones.

Interesting! I have the Gibson version, and it has the "fattest" neck, of any guitar I own! NOT uncomfortable, at all! Just

fatter/rounder, than the other's. I understood it to be that way, per B.B.'s request/spec's. So...??? [confused]

CB

I know, my older one had a fatter neck while this one is slimmer and flatter. The neck on this guitar is comfortable and really well finished, the fret work is great and I really like it, just curious if the neck profile was an anomaly or if the newer ones are all being made with a modern flatter neck. I'm used to fatter necks, my 52 ri tele has a baseball neck and is definitely the fattest neck in the house. I wasn't quite sure what my initial thoughts were on the neck profile, but I can't put it down and love this guitar.

I know, my older one had a fatter neck while this one is slimmer and flatter. The neck on this guitar is comfortable and really well finished, the fret work is great and I really like it, just curious if the neck profile was an anomaly or if the newer ones are all being made with a modern flatter neck. I'm used to fatter necks, my 52 ri tele has a baseball neck and is definitely the fattest neck in the house. I wasn't quite sure what my initial thoughts were on the neck profile, but I can't put it down and love this guitar.

Well, if you love it, that's all that really counts! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

• 3 weeks later...

Archived