Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone AJ28SE-EB

spreng

I have an Epiphone AJ28SE-EB 125th Anniversary Acoustic/Electric guitar that is not listed in the Wiki. I know that the Wiki is "unofficial" but I was hoping to find some information there. It's a beautiful instrument with terrific sound, but I'd like to find out more about it.

It also has an unusual model number - R83K0248, which as I understand means it was built in 1983, about a decade before any other Epiphone AJ28 model!

Can anyone explain this apparent discrepancy?

Thanks,

Patrick

I am trying to add a few pictures but I am not able to figure out how to do that. I have the photos on my phone and on my Windows desktop computer but I cannot figure out how to insert them into a Post here. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Patrick

I neglected to mention (or show a photo) but the twelfth fret does show the 125th Anniversary emblem "1873 💎 1998." And like the AJ28S-EB currently listed on eBay, on the back of my Acoustic/Electric's headstock is a small sticker reading "100% Inspected & set-up by E" with the inspector number 21.

I neglected to mention (or show a photo) but the twelfth fret does show the 125th Anniversary emblem "1873 1998." And like the AJ28S-EB currently listed on eBay, on the back of my Acoustic/Electric's headstock is a small sticker reading "100% Inspected & set-up by E" with the inspector number 21.

Then the serial no. of your guitar must be a misprint of some sort; yours was made in 1998 or post-1998 like all the others too. Apparently, they did put out those anniversary guitars with more than the two finishes mentioned on the wiki then, which is nice. Ebony does look best on her.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived