Gibson Brands Forums

hello from boston

thirstytom

hello, my name is bob and I live in braintree ma. wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone and introduce myself. love gibson guitars so I guess I'm in the right place. I own a midtown custom 2012 in tobaco burst, a 2017 accoustic songwriter cutaway in autumn burst a tele and a epi masterbuilt. had to remove auto tuner from accoustic, was horrible. anyway am getting ready to buy a es335 as well. am very excited. my level of skill is still a newbie but getting my feet under me as we speak. i'm recently retired and have restarted my interest in music. so hello very nice to meet you all

• 4 months later...

Hi Bob. I'm Sam. I live in Back Bay. I'm also new to the board. I own a 2013 Les Paul Standard and a 1979 The Paul. I've been looking at semi-hollow bodies for the past 3 months. Can't make up my mind if I prefer the 339 or the 335. I like having the jack on the underside of the guitar and the more modest body size of the 339 is very appealing. But, I need to play a few different models to determine which sounds the best.

Welcome aboard Bob. Enjoy your stay. I have a 2004 Gibson ES-335 in Antique Natural, among others. If I could only keep one, the 335 would be it. Great guitar.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jason. I'm from Boston and I take songwriting lessons with a Berklee College grad named Nate Sabat. He's very good at helping me develop and refine musical ideas. He also includes in his "lessons" the actual recording and editing songs using whatever software you have (I use GarageBand which is sufficient for me). I believe he's listed on TakeLessons.

Archived