Gibson Guitar Board: Paul Jackson, Jr. Artist Model - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paul Jackson, Jr. Artist Model

#1 User is offline   Mike Phillips 

• Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:19 AM

Please help me resolve some confusion. Is the Paul Jackson Jr. Artist Model an ES-346, an ES-347, or neither? For a long time, I thought it was an ES-347. However, I cannot find any information on Gibson's site about the instrument, so I don't know how to find out. It's hard to find any information on this model. Apparently only a few were made.

#2 User is offline   FZ Fan 

• Billy The Mountain
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:57 AM

View PostMike Phillips, on 20 February 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

Please help me resolve some confusion. Is the Paul Jackson Jr. Artist Model an ES-346, an ES-347, or neither? For a long time, I thought it was an ES-347. However, I cannot find any information on Gibson's site about the instrument, so I don't know how to find out. It's hard to find any information on this model. Apparently only a few were made.

Never seen one. What does it look like?
1995 - Fender American Standard Jazz Bass with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth J Bass Neck
1997 - Fender American Standard Tele with Rio Grande Pickups
2000 - Gibson SG Special
2003 - Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Strat Neck
2009 - Gibson BB King "Lucille" Signature Model
2009 - Kala KA-T Tenor Ukulele
2011 - Martin D-28

Fender Deville 60 Watt Combo Guitar Amp

Fender Blues Jr. 15 Watt Como Guitar Amp
Egnater Tweaker 40 Watt Combo Guitar Amp

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Extension Cab with a Weber Speaker
Acoustic B100 Amp 100 Watt Bass Combo Amp
Orange CrushPiX CRL20 20 Watt Guitar Amp

#3 User is offline   clayville 

• 356 is my number
  • LocationBoston

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

Pretty sure it's essentially an ES-346, but I can't remember if the 347 has more bling with the split-parallelogram fretboard inlays...

These were (more or less) precursers to the CS-336/CS-356 models with similar construction: a solid slab of mahogany is routed to create sound chambers with the sides, back and centerblock all the same integrated piece of wood. Then it's capped with bookmatched maple - a bit like an LP construction for the top but with f-holes. This model features a "straight-pull" headstock, smaller than the usual Gibson design and a little like a PRS headstock. It also has split-parallelogram inlays on the fretboard. Unlike the current CS-336 & CS-356, the body shape of the PJ Jr has a wider waist (I think) and definitely more flared horns. Proportionately the 336/356 design looks more like a 335 only smaller, whereas the PJ Jr looks like a wider shape. If I remember right, the PJ's have an access panel to get at the pots on the back (like an LP) but the CS-336/356 models don't.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users