Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul

Guest fosdaddy

Guest fosdaddy

Looking at a Les Paul red sunburst at a pawn shop. Serial number 115631452. Asking $799.00. I have a couple pictures but couldn't figure out how to post them. Some help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Guest fosdaddy

Haha. He does sound hammered. Thanks for your help on this. So I'm going to look it over carefully after checking out some of the sites that show fake guitar attributes. Do you think $800.00 is a fair price if it's the real deal and there are no blemishes? I will play it before buying, but wanted to do some research before going further. I appreciate all the help:)

Not really a huge expert with second hand prices.. Best thing to do is look on ebay and craigslist and the like and see if you can find the same or similar and see what they are going for.. But yes, initially it does seem like a good deal to me assuming the guitar is in good condition and theres no major problems with the electrics or anything like that. And yes it looks legit to me from what I can see.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xgibson+les+paul+studio+del.TRS0&_nkw=gibson+les+paul+studio+deluxe&_sacat=0

800 for a studio? pretty close to what it sold for new.. pawnshops always ask about 25% less than new.. and do not provide a warranty or returns.. nor are the responsible for theft guitars. once they leave there stores..

800 for a studio? pretty close to what it sold for new.. pawnshops always ask about 25% less than new.. and do not provide a warranty or returns.. nor are the responsible for theft guitars. once they leave there stores..

Its not a normal studio... They sold for more than a studio ($1399 according to that video) as its a LP Studio Deluxe hence the flamey top and zebra pickups.

Archived