Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson DG-335 Gold with Inaccurate COA

amcolan

Hello All,

I just purchased a used Gold metallic DG-335 from a reputable guitar shop that has been in business for 30+ years. The COA shows a picture of the correct gold metallic, but the wording says Pelham Blue on the right page of the COA. The serial number matches the guitar. I'm guessing this could be an anomaly from the factory where someone picked up the wrong sheet for the COA.

I tried sending pictures of the guitar and COA to service@Gibson but have not gotten a response. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacement sheet for this COA to make it complete and accurate?

Has anyone every had this type of issue before? I'm 99.999% sure this isn't a fake. I trust the quality of the guitar and the dealer who sold it to me.

I've seen this come up one other time a few years ago here on these forums. Gibson replaced the COA - I think the original (with error) had to be sent to Gibson along with other docs (receipt copy, photos).

Sorry, I don't recall how the owner contacted Gibson - email, phone, dealer. Did you try asking the dealer to resolve this Gibson?

The dealer I'm buying from was not the original dealer. They did tell me that it originally was sold by Hot Licks in the northeast. Unfortunately I don't have the original sales receipt from when it was new. I will probably try and call Hot licks and see if they can verify the sale.

Sorry to say you'll probably encounter some trouble if you aren't the original purchaser/owner.

That's what I figured. I just heard back from them. They basically said they don't replace COA's for used instruments. They did say they would check if they have these available and if they could make an exception. Fingers crossed.

Even if I had a document saying it was an authentic COA and just a factory mistake would be nice. Just for future authenticity if needed.

Either way, the guitar is absolutely killer. I think It may be my new number 1. Its a tone monster.

Archived