Gibson Brands Forums

Under The Milky Way

BluesKing777

I recorded a solo acoustic/vocal version of a song called "Under The Milky Way"by a band called The Church, that I have in a book of chords and lyrics for 300 songs!

Mine is nothing like the original, just wanted to evoke the joys of sitting out on the back veranda in the evening looking at the sky while playing and singing with the Cargill guitar, but as you could guess, I wasn't outside - I had to come in to my music room with the mic and mixer and computer:

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/milkyway777

And a photo from my new Imgur!

oKZOpGr.jpg

And another test photo from Imgur:

P0AtUhk.jpg

BluesKing777.

Thanks for the replies!

I will stick to playing guitar on the back veranda though, lost in the Outback ......phew....130°F, someone else can star in the movie, FB!

BluesKing777.

Must have a nice long iced spiked lemonade beside yah BK777 [thumbup]

Trans

Thanks!

I didn't think anyone would know the song, so there you are!

The guitar is more of a Davey Graham/ Bert Jansch type of thing, I think they started and everyone was doing the changes after that. One thing is for sure - I couldn't play the notes clearly on a 1 11/16" nut type guitar - need the fingerpicker specials! And I have a couple! The neck on the Cargill is made to my specs! Talk about perfect for me, but some would NOT like playing it....large wide V neck.

I was thinking about FB's movie music idea and I think I would like to change it to where...tune plays....BK rowing a little wooden boat, with the Boss and Hound on board, across a nice, calm moonlit bay on a beautiful summer evening with of course, the Milky Way blazing across the sky, to the beach shack on the island under the palms.....gulp...etc.. (guitars in their Hiscox cases with waterproof bags covering).....

Basically, no more of the desert thing, too hot.... [mellow]

BluesKing777.

Archived