Gibson Brands Forums

Shout for K&K

Rambler

Just had K&K Pure Resonator pup installed on my National VS Duollian to go with the pure mini on my J35. Great pups. Let's the natural sound of of the instrument come through. The J35 is woody, the resonator gets that natural reverb sound. Signal is clear, plenty of output. It loves Martin retro strings. A direct box would allow you to shape the tone a little more but they are pretty good right off the wire into my acoustic amp. There are lots of good options out there but these are reasonably priced and sound fine. No batteries to change. Rambler.

product links, Pure Mini http://www.kksound.com/products/puremini.php

Pue resonator http://kksound.com/products/pureresonator.php

ps the install is not a DYI job.

I'm interested in the reso pickup, is it fairly feedback resistant? I've had a bit of a nightmare with reso pickups feeding back around 800hz in the past, and the electric style pups don't do it for me for solo work with a reso.

I love the K&K in my '67 J45, it sounds stellar!

I'm interested in the reso pickup, is it fairly feedback resistant? I've had a bit of a nightmare with reso pickups feeding back around 800hz in the past, and the electric style pups don't do it for me for solo work with a reso.

I love the K&K in my '67 J45, it sounds stellar!

Likewise endorse...

I have them in my J50 and my HD28.

I actually need to look into pickup options for my mandolin.

Rambler, Sal.

I bought a K&K pure western online a couple of years back, and installed it to my Martin HD-28 on my own. A bit tough to install, primarily position settlement needed, much patience. but just got it OK. Great is it seems to have the same volume as battery ones on market. Marvellous !

Likewise endorse...

I have them in my J50 and my HD28.

I actually need to look into pickup options for my mandolin.

Rambler, Sal.

I bought a K&K pure western online a couple of years back, and installed it to my Martin HD-28 on my own. A bit tough to install, primarily position settlement needed, much patience. but just got it OK. Great is it seems to have the same volume as battery ones on market. Marvellous !

Archived