Gibson Brands Forums

Is this still a Gibson forum ?

EuroAussie

,,,,careful man,, they'll be looking for some rope and a buncha torches if you keep this up....

ย 

[woot]

ย 

I am sure that none of us here would consider hanging or burning a viable instrument๐Ÿ˜‡ Now flip or trade...๐Ÿ˜ˆ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my early years, my teen years, early 1950's, The only guitar to have was the one that Les Paul, Merle Travis, and my life long hero, Scotty Moore played, GIBSONS. At the time, why would anyone play an acoustic guitar other than a Gibson. Well as time went on, I discovered Martin Guitars. They all have there place. As of today, I have nine Gibsons and six Martins, give and take one or two on either side. Depending upon my mood, will be the one I play. I gotta'say, I enjoy them all, and am not looking for another or one that may sound better. I outgrew this thought a few years ago. Age also helps in decisions, along with $$. Thanks for reading.

In my case, age is not a limiting factor. $, on the other hand๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ˜“

20170220_224011_zpswsz2ucgi.jpg?t=1487815427

ย 

There you go, a belated ngd right on the bottom left. 2013 Gibson J35 I bought off my Father, he wasn't a fan of it's tone and sold it to buy a Taylor [scared] . Turns out the saddle was poorly cut and turned up on the bass side taking all the bottom out of the guitar. One new saddle later and I'm too busy playing it to post about it.

I like "diversity" and "inclusiveness". And "tolerance". At least when it comes to guitars. When it comes to dogs - I love 'em all. ... Humans....

ย 

I love dogs, horses, guitars, and pickup trucks๐Ÿ˜ My wife says I hate everybody๐Ÿ˜ก Untrue: only those who do not love dogs, horses, guitars, and pickup trucks๐Ÿ˜‡

ย 

There you go, a belated ngd right on the bottom left. 2013 Gibson J35 I bought off my Father, he wasn't a fan of it's tone and sold it to buy a Taylor [scared] . Turns out the saddle was poorly cut and turned up on the bass side taking all the bottom out of the guitar. One new saddle later and I'm too busy playing it to post about it.

ย 

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I'm transitioning to be a Taylorman.I've traded my J-45 for three Baby Taylors.Please respect my lifestyle choices. [blink][mellow]

ย 

We will accept you as you are, but we're still going to be disappointed๐Ÿ˜ณ

Pay no attention: it's just your mother crying๐Ÿ˜ฅ

ย 

ย 

Tis is what i'ma talkin bout' ya 'all [thumbup]

ย 

I salute you brother! Let the love flow Gibson juice!

ย 

Peace Trail

I'm transitioning to be a Taylorman.I've traded my J-45 for three Baby Taylors.Please respect my lifestyle choices. [blink][mellow]

ย 

Lol! I respect your lifestyle, I traded in my first issue Big Baby for PRS Doublecut P90, that went on to become a TV Yellow Melody Maker single dog ear P90. What a tumble that is. Tried it liked it but the R6 was enough to rock it with Crazy Horse " Powderfinger " [thumbup]

I do not post when I buy other brands just because it is a Gibson forum, However it does not bother me that others do. Along those lines I will be posting a NGD for me tomorrow as I have bought a new Hummingbird..now off too get to know it better. [smile]

OUTSTANDING!

I meant that is the nicest possible way! [biggrin]

ย 

DSC00993.jpg

ย 

You guys ROCK! jannusguy2 hats off to yah! Like really! Am on my bended knees with arms straight to the ground and worshipping!

ย 

Gaddemn! Not gonna show my Les Paul's and Fenders and Amps but I got nothing on acoustics compared to you guys!

ย 

I am a newbie here and I apologize to come in harsh and abrupt. It's nice to get a rise from time to time and liven up this amazing forum. [thumbup]

I came from the Les Paul Forum for the longest time I spent my wee hours and the time I can squeeze and learn, rant/rave and banter to all alike but in the end it's all good with constructive comments I have appreciated and shared.

ย 

Thanks for the patients and knowledge shared, am sure this place is as kool as the Les Paul Forum that I am still pluggin in from time to time and will be sticking around here for sometime.

ย 

Peace!!!

Kelly, congrats on the Bird!

I'm open minded and non-monogamous with guitars, although I tend to stay with Gibson and Martin.

I believe in everyone having equal rights with guitars. Granting more attention and love to one brand doesn't lessen it for another... it's not pie. :)

More expensive than pie.

Better for your health.

Few people share photos of pie.

Nobody wants vintage pie.

ย 

Come to think about it, you're right๐Ÿ˜’โ˜บ

You guys ROCK! jannusguy2 hats off to yah! Like really! Am on my bended knees with arms straight to the ground and worshipping!

ย 

Gaddemn! Not gonna show my Les Paul's and Fenders and Amps but I got nothing on acoustics compared to you guys!

ย 

I am a newbie here and I apologize to come in harsh and abrupt. It's nice to get a rise from time to time and liven up this amazing forum. [thumbup]

I came from the Les Paul Forum for the longest time I spent my wee hours and the time I can squeeze and learn, rant/rave and banter to all alike but in the end it's all good with constructive comments I have appreciated and shared.

ย 

Thanks for the patients and knowledge shared, am sure this place is as kool as the Les Paul Forum that I am still pluggin in from time to time and will be sticking around here for sometime.

ย 

Peace!!!

Harsh? Abrupt? Sorry?

All will be forgiven, though absolution is pending. Pending WHAT, the gentleman inquires. Each participant in this thread requires receipt of one vintage Gibson acoustic (model and year specified by each member) delivered to our place(s) of residence as a donation toward all the good works of our order no later than the final day of March 2017. My request is for one 1947 J-45, but will accept a 1947 Southern Jumbo.

Seriously....

I was slightly taking the piss by the way with my orginal post .... :rolleyes:

ย 

I just wanted Hogeye to like me again ... :blink:

ย 

Whereas FB was being completely serious. He's also had a voice transplant and will now post videos in which he sounds like Taylor Swift.

Archived