Gibson Brands Forums

Is this still a Gibson forum ?

EuroAussie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's kinda nice to read about other brand purchases from the perspective of people who own and play Gibsons.

Since most of us know and appreciate the signature sound of various Gibson models, it's then easier to relate to comparisons with another brand.

Keep 'em coming!

It's kinda nice to read about other brand purchases from the perspective of people who own and play Gibsons.

Since most of us know and appreciate the signature sound of various Gibson models, it's then easier to relate to comparisons with another brand.

Keep 'em coming!

I agree. A little over half of my guitars are Gibsons, and they get 80% of my playing time. But there ARE others.....

If people want to 'fess-up to relationships with other species, I say let 'em. In MY day, mind you, we did not discuss such matters - nor did we tolerate those who chose to indulge their baser impulses in such a vile and disgusting manner! 😱

If people want to 'fess-up to relationships with other species, I say let 'em. In MY day, mind you, we did not discuss such matters - nor did we tolerate those who chose to indulge their baser impulses in such a vile and disgusting manner! 😱

Are you suggesting that playing a Martin is bestiality? If so, what is playing a Taylor? (never mind answering that...)

In my early years, my teen years, early 1950's, The only guitar to have was the one that Les Paul, Merle Travis, and my life long hero, Scotty Moore played, GIBSONS. At the time, why would anyone play an acoustic guitar other than a Gibson. Well as time went on, I discovered Martin Guitars. They all have there place. As of today, I have nine Gibsons and six Martins, give and take one or two on either side. Depending upon my mood, will be the one I play. I gotta'say, I enjoy them all, and am not looking for another or one that may sound better. I outgrew this thought a few years ago. Age also helps in decisions, along with $$. Thanks for reading.

In my early years, my teen years, early 1950's, The only guitar to have was the one that Les Paul, Merle Travis, and my life long hero, Scotty Moore played, GIBSONS. At the time, why would anyone play an acoustic guitar other than a Gibson. Well as time went on, I discovered Martin Guitars. They all have there place. As of today, I have nine Gibsons and six Martins, give and take one or two on either side. Depending upon my mood, will be the one I play. I gotta'say, I enjoy them all, and am not looking for another or one that may sound better. I outgrew this thought a few years ago. Age also helps in decisions, along with $$. Thanks for reading.

I share the same passion as you and will be heading your way as well. My R9 VOS/R6 Goldtop along with a couple of Standards/SG/Jr. has given me great pleasure to play and switch around. My Fenders are another story....Call me purist or not I enjoy playing and trading/selling so to get what I want the most out of. My acoustic collection for Gibson just hit me a year ago besides my other Martin 000-15S 12fret slothead an HD28 I once almost traded my Deluxe Goldtop. I am getting by with a DRSGT for camping and backyard porches jam. I've yet to decide on a 35/42 model. Besides my other Yamaha acoustic and a Larrivee that still gives me time to discover other acoustic models and there are quite a lot out there to be discovered and call your own.

Time these days are spent on my Hummingbird/J35...I would like to get an Advance Jumbo but in time along with the rest. As I have enough time to swap and bastardize parts to fix and repair pickups and hardware. Still lots to learn about these instruments, although I love fixing up to spec Floyd Rose Bridges machines etc.( that I know very well ) LOL!!!!

I just enjoy what I have and thankful I've been lucky to at least have the chance like the rest of you in this forum.

Peace!

So far I have two Fenders, two Guilds, One Gibson, an Eastman, a no name parlor guitar, a cheap Recording King, one classical, and a PRS so I am not a brand loyal guy. I find what is best for me and go with that. I left AGF because it was too narrow-minded. I left the Guild forum because it seemed that they were intolerant of any other brand. I do admit reading about other brands on a Gibson forum seems strange to me but I would prefer this place to remain tolerant and supportive of its members.

Are you suggesting that playing a Martin is bestiality? If so, what is playing a Taylor? (never mind answering that...)

Aw, c'mon! That's almost a challenge😝 My Guild, in its own way, might be considered a beast☺ I'm on the lookout for a Martin that's sufficiently beast-y to warrant a place in the herd😮 When it comes to Taylor, however, I refuse to become involved with road kill😵 Damn, that was harsh!

So far I have two Fenders, two Guilds, One Gibson, an Eastman, a no name parlor guitar, a cheap Recording King, one classical, and a PRS so I am not a brand loyal guy. I find what is best for me and go with that. I left AGF because it was too narrow-minded. I left the Guild forum because it seemed that they were intolerant of any other brand. I do admit reading about other brands on a Gibson forum seems strange to me but I would prefer this place to remain tolerant and supportive of its members.

Don't take it too seriously - we're a twisted lot, but charming😁

Archived