Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

Irish_Rover

My new ES 339 Pro arrived from Thomann about 2 hours ago. It's my first electric guitar and I've got to say that so far it's been a blast. [biggrin]

It will need a little bit of tweaking but nothing major. Sadly my budget wouldn't stretch to an amp at the moment so I can only play clean through my Laney acoustic amp, still a lot of fun though and surprisingly (to me at least) a lot of tones to be had just by playing with the tone and volume knobs.

I'll try and get some pics up over the weekend but for now I just want to eat something and then get back to playing the thing.

Boy, not easy this photographing guitars game is it? It's a pretty dull day and turning the lights on just creates even more reflections, I've tried with both the iPhone and iPad and neither have really done the guitar justice, still you get the idea and I'd rather be playing it than messing around taking pictures of it [biggrin].

I think I'll take it for a set-up next week, there's a tiny bit of fret buzz and the intonation on the low E and G strings are a couple of cents off. I could probably do it myself but as it's my first electric I figure it's best to get it done professionally the first time and then I'll have a decent reference point for the future.

73803f534668501.jpg 399a64534668583.jpg 533cec534668646.jpg eb4125534668702.jpg c2a6f7534668764.jpg

Irish_Rover,

I guess you are a "Rover". (considering the name and then the location.}

Congrats, big time!!!

Of my modest collection, my 339 is my favorite.

Hope the setup takes the guitar to where you want it.

Let us know!!!

Best of luck,

Willy

Cheers Willy.

Yeah I've been around the world a couple of times, more or less settled here now, not done much roving in the last few years.

Well, it makes a change from playing acoustic every day and gives me a whole lot of new things to learn. All that extra fretboard real estate, unwound G string and pickups and controls to think about. Having a blast so far.

Archived