Gibson Brands Forums

Expensive pedals

jdgm

Andertons are on a bit of a pedal kick (geddit?) at the moment and stocking a mouth-watering selection.....

Trouble is, they cost lots and these days even a grand or three won't get you that many.....

I hadn't heard of these Vemuram ones - brass cases and very expensive!

@Dub - are these more TS-based designs do you think?

https://blog.andertons.co.uk/guitars/vemuram-pedals?utm_campaign=170223-SPE-Vemuram&utm_source=emarsysemail&utm_medium=email&sc_src=email_1270106&sc_lid=90410277&sc_uid=jTVzuGFfWD&sc_llid=10040&sc_eh=b0bb9525c549f8841

I know the Jan Ray is a Timmy clone. Haven't paid much attention to them to be honest but its pretty safe to say they aren't doing anything special.

I'm biased with these things, but imo a new or used Maxon OD808 sounds at least 95% identical to a vintage TS808 and the boutique guys really aren't doing anything special with the TS thats worthy of a big price tag. Not a fan of the current production Ibanez TS808 or TS9 though

I'm biased with these things, but imo a new or used Maxon OD808 sounds at least 95% identical to a vintage TS808 and the boutique guys really aren't doing anything special with the TS thats worthy of a big price tag. Not a fan of the current production Ibanez TS808 or TS9 though

Exactly, an OD pedal circuit, compared to other efx circuits, is quite simple. Much ado about nothing. I remember when Fulltone released the OCD and it was like guitarists had found the holy grail. Don't get me wrong, I own one and it sounds pretty good but, IMO, they're just reinventing the wheel.

I'm pretty "easy," when it comes to pedals. As long as they do what they advertise, are transparent, and

don't color the tone I like (unless, of course, that's what it's supposed to do), I seem to be able to get

a quite decent tone, from all my pedals. Not sure, if I was blindfolded, and someone else played the same

thing, through each pedal, that I'd truly know the difference? Maybe(?) with a couple/few, but not so much

the OD pedals, really. And, I currently have (too) many, in all price ranges. [tongue][biggrin]

So...???

CB

Archived