Gibson Brands Forums

NGD 2016 Gibson LTD Ed. Flying V Trans Amber

Megafrog

I took the plunge and bought a new 2016 Flying V Ltd Edition in the Trans Amber finish and my thoughts are not very positive. My guitar has a major grounding issue when playing through my Bugera 333 XL. I have verified it is not the cord by connecting other guitars to the same amp with the same cord then plugging this one back in. Anyhow, I am glad I bought it new because I am sending it back and exchanging it for another. Since I can't really speak too much on how one of these sounds through an amp, I can at least talk fit and finish and provide some pics.

The guitar's finish looks like the back side of a 2017 Gibson Les Paul Tribute T. It is a beautiful piece of wood with a slightly better than satin finish on the body. The neck feels about identical to my 2017 Tribute which is somewhat of a let down compared to my 2016 and 2017 Flying Vs. The guitar has coil tapping which is a very nice, unadvertised bonus. Overall, I am looking forward to getting the replacement and giving it a spin. I am a big V fan and want to give this a fair shot.

post-82636-078163100 1488335113_thumb.jpeg

post-82636-055759300 1488335129_thumb.jpeg

It is a full size V, I took the picture at a weird angle. It is the same size as my 2016 T and my 2017 T flying Vs but it does weigh a bit less. When I get it back, I will get some better pictures up and maybe a video.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived