Gibson Brands Forums

A little help from guys that know what they are doing

mjeffbr

Hi folks, I am brazilian and about to shell out a good amount for a black beauty here in the tropics, still I am not so sure about the guitar, you know, it seems legit, but I could not find much about it online, my questions are: is it the real deal? How much is it worth in dollars? Thanks in advance.

I tried to attach some pics, but it does not seem to work [confused] , so here goes the link http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-738880301-gibson-custom-shop-black-beauty-arthistoric-propostas-_JM

...my questions are: is it the real deal? How much is it worth in dollars? Thanks in advance...

As far as authenticity goes it all looks good to me and, in case you missed it, this is a cut'n'paste from the link in your own post;

"Hello, Thanks for sending the pictures. Your instrument appears consistent with a 2007 Gibson Les Paul Custom model.

It was built in our Gibson Custom Shop here in Nashville, TN.

The body is mahogany with a carved maple top and the neck is mahogany with an ebony fingerboard.

It has Gibson 490R/498T humbucking pick-ups. Thanks. Best Regards, Bob Burns, Gibson Customer Service."

This could all have been made up by the seller, of course, but I don't think it has been.

As far as price is concerned; this will vary from country to country and instrument availability will also affect what can be charged. For instance here in the UK this guitar would be MUCH more expensive than, for example, in the USA where they are in more plentiful supply. All you can do is try to see what others have been sold for in the past in Brazil.

Pip.

Archived