Gibson Brands Forums

Need a little help with I-Pad

brc

Can any one shed some light on how to re-size photos on an I-Pad so I can post them.

I have tried a couple different sites that said they could resize so I would be able to post pictures, but neither one of the sites seems to be able to do what I need.

I used to post pictures with my lap top, and photobucket, but the lap top is packed away and would be a biatch to find it it.

I have tried many times to re-size the pictures with no results .

Would be appreciated. BRC

Guest Farnsbarns

I would have thought that iOS could resize photos straight front the gallery app. Android has been doing that since the first beta release. Not doing the whole android vs iOS bit, I really think it must do it already.

I have a number of Apple devices but generally just use images full size unless photbucket automatically reduces them without me being aware.

This is what one search says.

"The Photos app for iOS on your iPhone and iPad allows you to crop photos easily. However it does not allow iOS users to resize photos on their iPhone or iPad. In order to scale photos on iPhone you need to download and use a third party app. Except that you can actually resize images on iPhone or iPad by sending the photos and images through email, the Mail app on iPhone iPad has the built-in feature to resize or scale photos."

It doesn't specify which external app to use but I guess you will need to search on your device to find what looks OK.

If you are unsure how to crop in the editing tool on your devices please say so and i will explain for you.

Thank you Digger,

I tried cropping the photos, re-sizing the photos, just about every thing I could do other than getting some crayons out and drawing on the I-Pad screen.

If you would not mind could you explain how to crop a photo on an I-Pad

Maybe I missed some thing, but I can't seem to be able to post pictures from my I-Pad

Thank you. BRC

Thank you Digger,

I tried cropping the photos, re-sizing the photos, just about every thing I could do other than getting some crayons out and drawing on the I-Pad screen.

If you would not mind could you explain how to crop a photo on an I-Pad

Maybe I missed some thing, but I can't seem to be able to post pictures from my I-Pad

Thank you. BRC

Yep, when you choose the photo, above it is an icon showing 3 different arrows going different ways, that is the Edit icon. Click on that and in the right hand margin you will see a number of editing tools. The second one down shows two mitres and arrows suggesting you can adjust with them. Click that and the screen will reduce slightly and allow you to use the corners as handles and draw the frame in or out and to reposition your reduced square over the original pic. When you are happy with the result click the mitre symbol again and it's done.

I know you said you had it figured out but just in case it wasn't the cropping you were referring to, I put this up anyway.

Archived