Gibson Brands Forums

6 is the magic number!

jannusguy2

I have had a great time exploring the world of Gibson Acoustics as well as other builders. A lot of guitars have made their way through my home but I'm finally satisfied with what I have and now refer to them as keepers that made the cut. Thanks to everyone who encouraged, recommended, purchased my hand offs, etc. It's been a ball! Here's the team..

IMG_0640_zpsgs1xqjpl.jpg

[thumbup] Wow sexy are the ones on the couch, all the same bodies.

That is swell jannusguy2 :-({|=

You know very well as most of us that there is always room for the lucky 7 one in the middle of the couch.

Check out once more the OM's/GC's/Triple-O's/D's......................am sure there will be the odd OM's in your stable. [tongue]

Nonetheless, which once out of the 6 is your go to box?

Trans

[thumbup] Wow sexy are the ones on the couch, all the same bodies.

That is swell jannusguy2 :-({|=

You know very well as most of us that there is always room for the lucky 7 one in the middle of the couch.

Check out once more the OM's/GC's/Triple-O's/D's......................am sure there will be the odd OM's in your stable. [tongue]

Nonetheless, which once out of the 6 is your go to box?

Trans

Well the couch is showing 2 custom shop Martin 000s and Collings and Bourgeois OMs. So I think that size is covered. And, it's my preferred size these days. The Bourgeois is the latest addition and is getting the most attention at the moment. It's really amazing to me how 2 OMs that are essentially the same spec can feel so completely different from one (builder) to another. For the longest time I thought why bother with smaller builder's versions of Gibson or Martin icons. Why not stick with the original? I have recently figured out that what I assumed or accepted as the standard can, indeed, be improved upon. Suffice it to say that the 2 Gibsons in the pic couldn't be improved upon and will remain the mainstays of my little collection.

Archived