Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Elitist EB-3 genuine?

chancellor

Hi All,

New guy here. This is reportedly a genuine 2004 Elitist (even confirmed by a Gibson rep using the attached pictures). I just want to know what others think. The serial number is missing the last 3 digits (likely the work of MIRC), however there is no new serial number or "used" stamp. I read an article that overstocks sent to MIRC that are otherwise in good order do not always have a '2nd' or 'used' stamp.

Either that or the guy who sold this to me stole it... :rolleyes:

More importantly - is it a genuine Epi or a knock off? It has heavy neck construction, sounds great and to me looks just like other Elitist basses I've seen out there.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Let me know if additional pictures would be useful.

post-84229-098097700 1488554715_thumb.jpg

post-84229-025179900 1488554756_thumb.jpg

post-84229-069732100 1488554819_thumb.jpg

post-84229-043220700 1488555401_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

New guy here. This is reportedly a genuine 2004 Elitist (even confirmed by a Gibson rep using the attached pictures). I just want to know what others think. The serial number is missing the last 3 digits (likely the work of MIRC), however there is no new serial number or "used" stamp. I read an article that overstocks sent to MIRC that are otherwise in good order do not always have a '2nd' or 'used' stamp.

Either that or the guy who sold this to me stole it... :rolleyes:

More importantly - is it a genuine Epi or a knock off? It has heavy neck construction, sounds great and to me looks just like other Elitist basses I've seen out there.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Let me know if additional pictures would be useful.

if it was confirmed by a Gibson rep as genuine; why are you questioning if it's a knock off? looks legit to me.

if it was confirmed by a Gibson rep as genuine; why are you questioning if it's a knock off? looks legit to me.

You make a good point LOL! I guess this whole serial number thing has got me paranoid. Thank you for the input. Any idea what the defaced serial number does to the value?

You make a good point LOL! I guess this whole serial number thing has got me paranoid. Thank you for the input. Any idea what the defaced serial number does to the value?

i don't know. the good thing about these is they were only made for a few years and you don't see too many of them. personally, it wouldn't bother me if the s/n was defaced. as long as it plays and sounds good.

Archived