Gibson Brands Forums

My first Les Paul(2016 traditional) was a disappointment

Brando75

Hello all! This is my first post since my introduction. I had previously purchased a 2016 Les Paul Traditional on the 14th of Feb. When I got home, I had noticed a couple of imperfections. 1: a film residue peeling off the nut.2: a huge imperfection on the 16th fret3: wasn't staying in tune. I brought it back to the music store where it was purchased. I am happy to announce that because of me, that Particular Les Paul has been shipped back to Gibson. The store had a desert burst available. I took a look at it.... it looked as if it had been sitting in a closet for a couple of months. Caked on dust, swirl marks everywhere and it had a couple of dings on it (one in the back and one on the neck). Also it wasn't the colour I wanted. This being said, I took the next big step and ordered a brand new 2017 traditional cherry burst. It took one week for it to arrive. Got it on the 1st of March. I opened up the case ,and it was beautiful. Set up was awesome. It was in tune. The craftsmanship was amazing. It still has a new guitar smell. Lots of case candy as well. I am very happy and pleased to be a brand new les Paul owner. I haven't been able to put the guitar down. My Strat and Tele are put away(out of site,out of mind). I can't get enough of my Gibson Les Paul. IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

Those images are of the 2016 traditional that was sent back.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived