Gibson Brands Forums

My hand is on the trigger and am pulling it this week on a Firebird

bigtim

Well I have been bugging the tar out you guys a lot lately about firebirds. I told in another thread I started a few weeks ago asking your thoughts on them. I was planning on going to the Amigo guitar show this month in Franklin TN to try out a couple of firebirds. When I looked at the admission price to the show it kind of chapped my hide. Ok I am good for 10 to 12 bucks admission but 20 bucks and an hour drive is out of the question for me. I am not blowing 40 bucks plus a meal or lunch out just to see one particular model. So I went and I have picked one out from sweet water music and they have it on hold for me. I would have already pulled the trigger but one of the pics of the head stock looks a little off around the nut. The sames person told me he thinks it is just a photo shop blemish but I want to make sure and he has an email out to the guys in the warehouse to do a quick look on it. . So with all of that said, it is a 2017 Firebird T in the classic sunburst finish. I guess it is a FIrebird V actually since I really do not see any differences. Or maybe I should call it a firebird standard. Either way I am cool with it as I like the "Traditional" set up without the robot tuners and all. So with that said and if it goes all ok, It should be here this week. I have been wanting one of these for a very long time. This will actually be my first New guitar purchase EVER by me since I have been playing guitar for over 30 years. I have always had to purchase used because I could not afford a new one. I will keep you guys posted on the outcome.

I will when I do happen to get it. However, photo bucket has apparently done something different to their website now. I have tried to upload and post some pics recently on other threads and was unable to. Can you recommend another photo hosting site by chance?

The anticipation is pretty exciting too isnt it? :)

Dont forget pictures!

Congrats in advance - they really lock those tuners down so be prepared to wrap them in a towel and then use a pair of pliers the first time.

Lemon oil the wee wee out of the fret board and enjoy, they're great guitars.

Can't help with the alternative to photobucket - this site will let you post 5 or something and then that's it.

Archived