Gibson Brands Forums

Think I will surprise him. Pics

brc

0DBAF605-C761-4AC0-8DF0-EF8B8EB0346B_zpsdieiiosp.jpg5FBA5E70-862B-4407-BD6F-25D5A830D025_zpsabj7lkle.jpg

Here are two of the four partscasters I am building for my brother.

The gold metal flake Stratocaster style he has already picked up.

He will have to bring it back to me so I can put the head stock decal on it.

For the head stock decals, I am having some printed up with his initials on the decals.

The Telecaster style is an off brand body , and an off brand bridge. I have had these parts for years . The neck I got from some one who " tried " to do an amber finish on the neck and really messed it up. I had to strip the neck and re-shoot the finish, but it is true Telecaster neck.

The last two will be completed this week , I just have not had the time to work on them.

I am afraid he is going to walk into my shop again and see the last two guitars, and that would really spoil the surprise.

CA435429-6389-47DA-9CB4-1F2FBE39C5D4_zpswups06wa.jpg

66A6A289-AB95-4B68-95A9-44523328607A_zpspnbuujjd.jpg

This is guitar number 3

It is a fully functional guitar, BUT with a clock .

I basically built this one just for fun .

My brother has a shelf that is up high and goes all the way around his " music " room, and this will sit on that shelf. I am going to use a guitar strap and secure the guitar and strap to the wall behind the guitar so it can not be seen.

This was kind of tricky as the hour, and minute hands go under the strings, and the second hand sweeps above the strings.

If he ever decides he really wants to play this one, I loaded up a single ply black pick guard and all he has to do is swap out the pick guards and solder up the input jack.

I did not want to use a Fender neck on a display guitar, so this neck is one I have floating around my shop for some time now.

Should have the sea foam green guitar finished some time this week

Archived