Gibson Brands Forums

New case day.

btoth76

Hello.

I have bought a nice new, vanilla-scented, brown hardcase for my lovely Goldtop.

After 7 years of service, She deserved a real Gibson case, instead of the mediocre Warwick coffin.

First pics:

tok_zpsbzk8cb58.jpg

tok2_zps5jkzdbuv.jpg

Bence

Hello.

I have bought a nice new, vanilla-scented, brown hardcase for my lovely Goldtop.

After 7 years of service, She deserved a real Gibson case, instead of the mediocre Warwick coffin.

First pics:

tok_zpsbzk8cb58.jpg

tok2_zps5jkzdbuv.jpg

Bence

Nice one; love these new vintage look cases. Where did you get it from, and how much (if one may ask)?

Thanks, RCT!

The Studio Tribute came only with a Chinese gigbag (a quite bad one). The guitar slept in a Warwick case until now, which has a less than satisfying neck support.

I need two Fender cases, as well. But those cost even more than the very expensive Gibson cases.

Bence

Thanks, RCT!

The Studio Tribute came only with a Chinese gigbag (a quite bad one). The guitar slept in a Warwick case until now, which has a less than satisfying neck support.

I need two Fender cases, as well. But those cost even more than the very expensive Gibson cases.

Bence

They do! I want the black salt and pepper Tweed for me Tele, as my #1 it should have a terrific case. The SKB it is in is just worn the heck out, latches and hinges are starting to go and the "plush" inside is almost just the plastic bottom.

My Les Paul case is a little younger, but the latches are starting to wear out on that one too. Both are stenciled in big letters and both have decades of sticker residue from when I de-stickered in a fit of madness.

So knowing the blazing speed with which I move on these things, this is pretty urgent. So maybe by the end of this year.

rct

Hi Bence. Nice to see you back here!

Nice case, too!

msp_thumbup.gif

As far as the Fender goes.....

I bought one of these - Fender Pro Series - a couple of years ago for around the 100 Euro mark. I've had a quick look and they can still be had for around 115 - 120 Euros;

Tweed%20Case%20full%20lo-res_zpsnor8mkww.jpg

Pip.

EDIT : Here's a UK seller. There must be similar in Europe post-Brexit!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Fender-Pro-Series-Electric-Guitar-Hard-Case-Tweed-Strat-Tele/262875990477?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D8a57f1aa49184bc2bee96272505a25a7%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D262875990477

As far as the Fender goes.....

I bought one of these - Fender Pro Series - a couple of years ago for around the 100 Euro mark. I've had a quick look and they can still be had for around 115 - 120 Euros;

Tweed%20Case%20full%20lo-res_zpsnor8mkww.jpg

My Esquire is in one of those. You do have an Esquire, right?

rct

Hi Bence. Nice to see you back here!

Nice case, too!

msp_thumbup.gif

Hello Pippy!

Thank You.

Are those Fender Pro cases good? How they are quality-wise? I heard all kinds of contradicting info on them (as usual).

Bence.

First, congratz for the NCD, it was the right thing to do.

Second: why didn't I find that zebralike case?

Would have been a perfect match for my opal white Tele.

And last, bought two of those Pro cases.

One tweed and another with black faux leather look.

95€ each, and everywhere I looked it was a similar price.

Both my Strat and my Tele fit perfectly no movement in there when transported. Also very well balanced, the handle is on the right spot.

Not as nice to the hand as the leather covered ones on the Gibby cases, just a molded plastic thing, with nice plastic stiches but cruelty free!

You can't compare them in quality to the canadian cases my Gibson's have.

Especially the latches, it's definitely their weak spot.

Another thing is you probably want to leave them open for a while to get rid of the nasty vietnamese glue smell.

Or throw in some vanilla scent bag thingy in like I did.

They do the job, and the practical thing: the stand much better than guitar shaped cases.

Are those Fender Pro cases good? How they are quality-wise? I heard all kinds of contradicting info on them (as usual)....

I'd pretty much echo the comments made slightly earlier by Mr. C. O. Jones.

The handle is the only bit where the quality is noticeably 'cheap'.

The latches for me aren't a problem as I'm not exactly going out gigging on a regular basis so they don't take constant van-squeeze abuse and on those occasions when I DO take the Strat out to play the case isn't subjected to much wear'n'tear so it's more than adequate for my requirements. With a nice padded leather handle and stronger handle-to-case fittings it would be more comfy but as it is it balances perfectly; the guitar is held securely and it looks rather gorgeous. For the asking price it's an absolute bargain IMO.

They are also, as mentioned, 'ambidextrous' (if you like) as in they are built so that they are a good fit for both Strats and Teles.

Pip.

Hello.

First pics:

tok_zpsbzk8cb58.jpg

tok2_zps5jkzdbuv.jpg

Bence

I don't like the font. [thumbdn][-X[-(

Archived