Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help dating Explorer case

#1 User is offline   bhendric1 

• Group: Members
  • LocationNorthEast Pennsylvania

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

Looking to get an idea of the age of this case. I obtained it as part of a Craigslist deal. I'm looking to sell it and don't want to mislead a buyer with incorrect info. Also, any suggestions on a fair selling price would be appreciated. I've never sold a stand alone case before. Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
2014 Gibson LPJ
2013 PRS SE Zach Myers
2007 PRS SE Singlecut
2011 Jackson KVX-10
Schecter C4 Bass
Schecter Damien 4 Bass
Homemade 5150 Frankenstrat Bass

#2 User is offline   WadeR 

• Explorer state of mind
  • Group: Members
  • LocationAustin, TX Area

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

It looks like an early 1980's Gibson Explorer case to me. I have a 1982 Gibson Explorer E2 CMT with its original case which is very similar in overall design except the one I have has black "tolex" on the exterior and red plush on the interior. The latches are identical to mine, 2 spring-loaded latches on the ends and a traditional hasp in the middle. The interior design is nearly identical to mine including the accessories compartment with the little black tab used as a handle to open the compartment. I can't see it in you pictures, but mine also has a Velcro strap on the interior that secures the top of the neck to the last neck support just before the headstock area which runs diagonally from the left-front corner of the accessories compartment exterior to the vertical side of the last neck support across the neck of the guitar.

Hope this helps!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users