Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Nerds RabsWood interview

Rabs

Oyyyyyy!!!!

I really hate this (im not a natural in front of a camera and my head goes blank)... But I know it had to be done.... And I got the scale length wrong... but it was a long weekend and I was tired.... Still youd think I would know that by now [rolleyes] ohh well what can you do... I have put a comment in the comments section on the video. Hopefully people will understand....

See what you think. :unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtQAMiohh58

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37k followers, that's a good bit of exposure!

I'm gonna send you a text.

I sent him a text but I don't think my TracFone has the juice to get it across the pond.

rct

Dont worry, you got the gist of it. ;)

You do know which English actress Throat Warbler ManGroove is right?

No, he obviously didn't understand the bits about cucumber sandwiches, bowler hats or when I mentioned the weather 10 times..

[rolleyes]

You did great, I would've puked all over myself

Lol... Cheers... :)

Yeah I saw them walking about.. Half of me wanted it to happen and half would rather they just walked past...

But as soon as they asked I just knew I had to do it and just hoped I didn't say anything too stupid.. Also you may have heard from the clip the noise at the show was crazy, it was hard to hear him and even myself when I was answering the questions..

But hey im ok with it.. mostly :) (could have been WAY worse :unsure: )

I think you did great, Rabs. You described the attributes of your instruments quite well. I think when he asked about the wood, I might have degenerated into puns and what not... Oh yeah, man... it all about good hard wood you know... [biggrin]

I think you did great, Rabs. You described the attributes of your instruments quite well. I think when he asked about the wood, I might have degenerated into puns and what not... Oh yeah, man... it all about good hard wood you know... [biggrin]

Cheers...

And yes, Zakk Wylde I am not :)

1488916966[/url]' post='1839891']

I couldn't understand a word those blokes were on about. Throat warbler mangrove, luxury yacht, and quid was all I heard.

rct

Ha ha, first I heard Rab talk too. Your way too funny RC! But then I can't understand my wife half the time either. I've lost so much hearing I can't pick up the higher pitches. What makes me so frustrated is music just doesn't sound the same anymore with hearing aids.

1488919806[/url]' post='1839913']

No, he obviously didn't understand the bits about cucumber sandwiches, bowler hats or when I mentioned the weather 10 times..

[rolleyes]

msp_confused.gifmsp_confused.gif You were talking about sandwiches? Bowler hats? The weather?? msp_flapper.gif Must of missed that too.Actually you did fine and looked great. I'm just not used to hearing foreign accents here. Except my wife's mom, I talk and she says 'Huh? Then she talks and I say 'Huh? And after a bit my wife says, Oh' God!! eusa_wall.gif

Oyyyyyy!!!!.....................I really hate this...

When I read the start I was a bit worried that it might have gone awry but not in the slightest!

You came across as someone who really understands both guitars and the individual needs of each guitarist and I thought sold your pitch really well!!!

msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

As far as the scale length thing goes; don't give it another moment's thought. You came across as being a luthier who could build an instrument on a custom-order basis so a client could ask for a guitar with a 24 3/4" or 25 1/2" or whatever scale they like.

Props to the guys for picking you out in the first place and giving you plenty of time at the end to give out your contact details, too.

Pip.

[rolleyes]

Ha ha hahahahahahaha - perfect response Rabs! [biggrin][thumbup]

I posted & gave you a like on the YouTube (which most of you who read Rabs & follow him here should also do you bloody twits) Give the corker a lift B)

Thank you one and all :)

And Pippy.. Well the reason I sounded like I did at the start of my post is I just hate being on camera. I was VERY tired at the time we filmed and don't even remember doing it or what I had said... Plus seeing the ever growing bald patch on the top of my head isn't fun, I don't usually see myself from that point of view [crying] :)

But yeah it could have been much worse that's for sure. I just wanst really prepared for it.. Luckily as it was near the end of the day (I think) I had spoken to a lot of people so had had the chance to practice my shpeil a bit. Id like too have gone in to some more detail about some of my builds (like the half and half) but it just didn't go that way.

Lets just hope something more comes of it... Just awaiting for that phone to ring.

I also thought maybe of getting back in touch with those Guitar Nerds guys and seeing if they want to do a more in depth review of my guitars.

Ha ha hahahahahahaha - perfect response Rabs! [biggrin][thumbup]

I posted & gave you a like on the YouTube (which most of you who read Rabs & follow him here should also do you bloody twits) Give the corker a lift B)

Thanks man.. I really appreciate that [thumbup]

Archived