Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson shooting themselves in the foot?

sbpark

I have had the exact opposite experience. I've bought some of my best Gibsons online: L-00 Legend (dealer in Arkansas), Fuller's 1943 SJ Re-issue (dealer in California), 1959 ES-335 Historic (individual in NY), and 1968 ES 335-12 (dealer in Minnesota), as well as other non-Gibsons. I've also bought several other good ones on Craigslist (and driven a lot of miles to do it), including a 000-28 EC and a 1947 L-7.Lucky, I guess.

Or knew what you were looking for. A lot of mine were tryouts. Like, a short scale Martin 00018 might be a more ergonomic J45. It was a great guitar in an objective sense but not at all the sound I was after.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But don't I have to read before I know if I like?

Is this a test?

I believe that sometimes a post needs to be opened to find out like or dislike, but I've never had to get beyond a few lines before deciding whether or not to continue reading. Maybe more detailed test directions should be included😒

😂

Mind your toes on the racism line there buddy

Yeah! Some of us don't appreciate your reference to ducks....

As far as the ethnic food observation is concerned, our local oriental restaurant serves Cajun frog legs, and they are AWESOME. On days when those are not available on the buffet table, they always make me a double order as soon as they see me walk in the door. Great people, even w/o the frog legs😎

Yeah! Some of us don't appreciate your reference to ducks....

As far as the ethnic food observation is concerned, our local oriental restaurant serves Cajun frog legs, and they are AWESOME. On days when those are not available on the buffet table, they always make me a double order as soon as they see me walk in the door. Great people, even w/o the frog legs😎

'Do you have frogs legs ?'

'Yes'

'Well hop over and get me a steak'

I've said this before I think Gibson's strategy of not allowing stores to list their acoustics online is the dumbest thing ever

Maybe there's a corporate-friendly marketing genius who can explain that one, but from my end of the bench it just reflects (yet once more) a petty need to assert control whenever possible👎

'Do you have frogs legs ?'

'Yes'

'Well hop over and get me a steak'

That's like "Do you have crabs?"

I see potential for this thread to take a new direction that's guaranteed to aggravate someone😄

Allow me to demonstrate further:

"Do you have fish oil?"

Archived