Gibson Brands Forums

Vibrola Teaspoon Arm

johntrem

My 1967 Gibson/Kalamazoo KG2A came with a Gibson Short Vibrola with the Teaspoon style arm, flat with three adjustment holes. Being a dork, many years ago I took the arm off as I wasn't really using it and instead of storing it in the case I put it in a drawer and of course, it ended up disappearing into The Phantom Zone, never to be seen again. From what I've gathered this type of vibrato arm is rare. Most of the photos of Kalamazoos I've seen have the round style arm with the white or cream colored plastic handle. Being anal I'd really like to find a replacement, the original teaspoon type. Also, being a cheapskate, I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. If all else fails, I'd be willing to replace it with the rounded, plastic handled type. Anyone know of anybody making copies or somewhere selling them that aren't ungodly expensive?

• 2 months later...

Thank you, a while after I posted this I called Dan Shinn at Lay's Guitar Shop in Akron and he suggested the same website. When I finish refinishing the guitar back to it's original white and replacing the white pickguard (also not kept in the case and my dear wife threw it out without my knowledge) I'll order the vibrola. Thanks again.

Archived