Gibson Brands Forums

Burstbucker 1 & 2 or 2 & 3

Antonio C

Hello!

I have a Gibson Les Paul Classic with a pair of '57 and an Les Paul Standard 2016 with Burstbucker Pro.

I would change the pickups of the Standard, the Burstbucker Pro do not like.

I will remove the wiring in PCB with a '50 harness, I don'y know if I will mount two Burstbucker 1 and 2 or Burstbucker 2 and 03, what do you suggest?

I play Blues Rock (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, AC / DC, Gun's & Roses, Red Hot Chili Pepper, Eric Clapton, etc.)

Thank you

I had the classic and standard as well with the same pups you have. You sound like you may like a slightly hotter wound pup than a BB or Classic57. The Seymore Duncan Pearly Gates is a slightly hotter wind than the BBs. They are a kick arse R&R pup. I use them in place of the BB Pros but they can be pricey(over $200)

I also like another SD set called the HotRodded set. I used these in my LP Studio and love them. They are a more hot wound set than Pearly Gates which includes the JB humbucker which is a truly great pup. When you consider price($135) these pups really are great but at a sane price. You may like these in your Classic. I left the Classic57s in my Classic because that is what a Classic is. I really enjoy the plain top Classic LP with 57s.

I had the classic and standard as well with the same pups you have. You sound like you may like a slightly hotter wound pup than a BB or Classic57. The Seymore Duncan Pearly Gates is a slightly hotter wind than the BBs. They are a kick arse R&R pup. I use them in place of the BB Pros but they can be pricey(over $200)

I also like another SD set called the HotRodded set. I used these in my LP Studio and love them. They are a more hot wound set than Pearly Gates which includes the JB humbucker which is a truly great pup. When you consider price($135) these pups really are great but at a sane price. You may like these in your Classic. I left the Classic57s in my Classic because that is what a Classic is. I really enjoy the plain top Classic LP with 57s.

Thanks a lot, maybe I go for Pearly Gates but the price...

Bye

Thanks a lot, maybe I go for Pearly Gates but the price...

Bye

You will need to get quick connects too. I think I spent $30 for them for the Pearly Gates. It adds up quick. Doing a humbucker update on two LPs cost me $375

Ok,

where did you get the quick connect ?

Thanks

I think I got mine off Reverb. I thought they were overpriced but I didn't see them anywhere else. You need to get the color coded.wiring diagram by telling them what you have.

Maybe it wasn't Reverb but as best I remember. You might can find quick connects elsewhere Dunno. Maybe ask Seymore Duncan. I thought $30 was outrageous but I guess they cost so much\

because they fit the Holy Gibson PCB I guess.

• 5 weeks later...

I've got the quick connects off EBay for $35-40, they are great because no soldering, cheaper than replacing everything also. I don't think the work with the braided single connector pickups.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRUE-Solderless-Quick-connect-Adapters-for-Gibson-5-wire-pickup-Screw-driver-/272621298811?var=&hash=item3f797ee47b:m:mARI982B6O88nx7NeCdaZYw

Archived