Gibson Brands Forums

Gibsons new multi guitar tech tool is pretty cool

bigtim

But if it comes free with the guitar I'm all for it.

It came with my new Les Paul as well. It's much better than the little bag I used to carry around. So, you have the choice of 136 dollars and get just the tool. Or, a couple thousand for a new Gibson. I think the latter is a much better value!

It came with my new Les Paul as well. It's much better than the little bag I used to carry around. So, you have the choice of 136 dollars and get just the tool. Or, a couple thousand for a new Gibson. I think the latter is a much better value!

well, not sure I follow.. how does using ones own tools destroy a guitar? The only thing you really need that you would not normally have is the thin walled socket to adjust the truss rod (I have three that came with some of my Gibsons) For me,, those kind of tool kits, and I have some that are similar, I find a bit cumbersome and awkward.

I'd not want to drop one on the top of my SJ200, woa,, that would be a bad day for kidblast..

personally I'd rather a small philips or flat head along with the truss tool, it's not like you need much more than that for regular / day to day maint.

but-- if ya got one and like it,, use it in good health!

But if it comes free with the guitar I'm all for it.

I once stood in line outside of the BMW dealership, waiting for my car to be brought out from the service area. Under warranty, all BMW's are covered for anything so your service is "free". :rolleyes: Started up a conversation with the guy next to me who said in effect "Yeah, my wife is one of those people who think's this $hit is free", meaning, that you're paying for it one way or the other.

I'm with others here, the number of tools you really need are already probably laying around the house, (truss rod wrenches not included, but I've got one for every guitar I own) and even if you gig, (and you don't take a back up guitar) the tools you might need for a quick fix would probably fit in a quart size baggie and the "extra stuff" compartment of your case, along with an extra set of strings. $136? No thanks. That's my opinion, and as always, YMMV.

It's all metric, ain't Gibson 'Merican.

Yes.

Now I'm thinking about the "this takes up so much less space than my bag of screwdrivers" and I'm wondering who the hell is adjusting their intonation and trussrod at a gig?? Why wouldn't you just do that before the gig?

I just saw the link I put up. It is not here in the USA on that particular ebay auction. I am not even sure where it is. It may be similar as the Cruz tool version but I have not paid that much attention to it really. 136 bucks is steep. I am sure one could be had for cheaper. I must say, I do like it though. Handy in a pinch.

Archived