Gibson Brands Forums

Slope shoulder in action

blindboygrunt

That was amazing. I am humbled every time I see a new, previously unknown (to me) young talent like Mr. LeBlanc. . Looks like he just sat down in a park with some guy doing an interview and gave a Radio City Music Hall quality performance.

The finger picking was amazing - and the J45, in spite of the obvious lack of audiophile-aphobia equipment was perfect. I was especially impressed when he slightly flubbed a note on his 6th string around 2:45, and laughed at himself without missing a beat.

This guy is living proof of why the guitar is the most popular instrument in the civilized world.

And this is why the J45 is the most popular guitar in the civilized world.

Grunt,

I clicked... saw Ashton Kutcher with a Gibson.... and I said "I'm not gonna watch this".

Then I did. What a genuine neat sound. It was great.... shame in me for silly predispositions.

Where do you find this stuff?

This is EXACTLY what I thought. I was like, here we go, some hipster dude playing "Americana"...but I really enjoyed this and the songs I listened to after this one. That fourth cord he plays before he starts the actual song is something I ned to figure out...the one he plays when returning to first position after running the first three chords up the neck at 0:29.

This is EXACTLY what I thought. I was like, here we go, some hipster dude playing "Americana"...but I really enjoyed this and the songs I listened to after this one. That fourth cord he plays before he starts the actual song is something I ned to figure out...the one he plays when returning to first position after running the first three chords up the neck at 0:29.

Remember, he's not in standard tuning on this song.

Reminiscent of

Missing your J-45 yet?

So- the 1990's Hummingbirds were long scale 'til about 1997 (thx, Aliasphobias). . . how 'bout the J-45's?

fairly full moon, tonight

Pretty sure the only long-scale J-45 versions were the square-dread models from late 1969 until about 1982. The round-shoulder short-scale J-45 model apparently came back into production in Nashville in 1984.

Lovelly tone from that slope. Is it realy banner or re-issue ?

Modern re-issue (20 frets)

my guess: mid 90ies regular j-45. banner with block gibson logo, tulip tuners.

The volume and tone knobs for the pickup are visible in the soundhole too.

Very, very nice find, Grunters.

Archived