Gibson Brands Forums

Come With Me Tonight

Buc McMaster

Another Schneider song, this one from his 2004 release, I'm Good Now. A couple days on I haven't yet memorized the lyric, hence the music stand. This one is a tough one with some just-go-for-it power phrases........it's one of those "sing like nobody's listening" songs. I'm not satisfied with the vocal yet, but this one is definitely going on the set list!

Come With Me Tonight - Bob Schneider Cover :unsure:

J-45 Vintage/D'Addario PB lights, half step down/Trias 1.25mm pick/Edwina mic/Schertler David Deluxe/Blue Yeti mic 10" off the speaker/no additional EQ

Thats the nicest that Ive heard the J-45 sound, rich and warm which was not as evident earlier. Perhaps the strings are mellowing out now ?

Your singing is excellent as always, but, with this mike i feel its not capturing the low registers so well, the higher vocal registers sound sparkly and clear, but the low end could be ehanced a bit. Perhaps its an EQ matter ?

But also great song, I really enjoyed that tune .... and of course Ive never heard it before.

........I'm pretty impressed with that ETL Edwina - have you dragged it out to a venue yet?

Yes sir! I'm very impressed with it! I have never liked the compromised sound of a pickup in an acoustic guitar and having to deal with a bunch of EQing to get one dialed. Certainly there are some great pickups out there these days, but nothing captures voice and guitar like a quality microphone getting a natural, unadulterated sound. I've been doing open mic stages, using whatever the host/house has to offer for amplification so no, this rig has not been on-stage yet but I have every confidence it will perform admirably. Still in the tweaking stage here at home with it............

......i feel its not capturing the low registers so well, the higher vocal registers sound sparkly and clear, but the low end could be ehanced a bit. Perhaps its an EQ matter?

Could well be that I need a bit more low end in the amp EQ.......I'm still experimenting and this close mic-ing of the amp was toward that end as I can't get out in front and listen while playing. Could have used a little more reverb (spring, on-board) here I think.....I can hear it in a few spots but not as I'd like to. And I need to work on backing off a bit when really laying into the vocal......easier to do when working close on a dynamic mic.

The 45 sounds pretty good here........the strings are, what, 10 days in now? Something like that.........

Thanks very much for listening!! [biggrin]

Nice job on this ... yes the vocals do require a degree of commitment don't they [thumbup] I think your mic'd amp setup is a lot more friendly to your guitar sound than it is to your vocals.

I have Bob Schneider's Metal and Steel on one of the KGSR Broadcasts discs ... love that song.

Archived