Gibson Brands Forums

One for Digger.....

jdgm

US and UK members may already have seen this pic on the news; a house (holiday home?) on the shores of Lake Ontario.

FrozenHouseLakeOntario_zpsbn2k3fkj.jpg

Now that's cold! [scared]

A bit different from your area Mr D!

That's just horrible. And people live in climates like that on purpose?

At least some don't travel there voluntarily. Yesterday German Chancellor Angela Merkel arranged with The President of the United States Donald Trump a delay of her visit, originally planned for today, until next Friday because of the weather forecast. Human civilization including politics can be so reasonable!

You ain't wrong!

No bloody way! Even looking at that pic makes me shiver!

It's hot here every day ATM and it Autumn, over 90 F today. A/C on all day, ceiling fans all night just so we can sleep.

Thank you for reminding me why I'm glad I live here and not to complain when it's a bit warm.

Sheesh! It's almost like we live on opposite sides of the world, isn't it?

Grin~

That's just horrible. And people live in climates like that on purpose?

I once lived for 6 months (Nov - April, the WRONG 6 months) in Oswego, NY, on the shores of Lake Erie. City ordinance - you cannot park on the street from 10/1 to 4/1 because of the snowfall. They use Construction equipment, not snow plows. I used to get up at 5am, shovel out the entrance to my driveway, run upstairs, shower, go to work only to come home to have to shovel out the driveway entrance again because the plow had come back by during the day. F that! I now live in SoCal where snow is where I like it - 2 hours away in the mountains! And I grew up in upstate NY, so I've done my time in "snow country".

To your original point, the people who were born and raised in Oswego think that it's heaven on earth. No offense to them, but they need to get out of town once in a while to see the rest of the world. [biggrin]

1489443924[/url]' post='1841282']

US and UK members may already have seen this pic on the news; a house (holiday home?) on the shores of Lake Ontario.

FrozenHouseLakeOntario_zpsbn2k3fkj.jpg

Now that's cold! [scared]

A bit different from your area Mr D!

We get stuff like that in the winter if the fire department puts out a fire! Lol

1489500002[/url]' post='1841418']

Yeah, you don't want to leave your car parked next to the Great Lakes for very long in the winter either.

[unsure]

14085.jpg

Wait till it thaws so you don't chip the paint! msp_flapper.gif

1489522065[/url]' post='1841527']

You ain't wrong!

No bloody way! Even looking at that pic makes me shiver!

It's hot here every day ATM and it Autumn, over 90 F today. A/C on all day, ceiling fans all night just so we can sleep.

Thank you for reminding me why I'm glad I live here and not to complain when it's a bit warm.

Sheesh! It's almost like we live on opposite sides of the world, isn't it?

Grin~

You guys need to be careful now or your going to talk Ol' Rob into moving over here! msp_flapper.gif

1489554875[/url]' post='1841649']

Fat, bloody, chance!

Grin~

Ha Ha Ha Ha, way too funny! You ever watch Cool Runnings? About the Jamaican Bob Sled Team. That's a funny show when they experience the COLD Weather the first time. I know you've been in London's cold winter before but it's a great show.

Ha Ha Ha Ha, way too funny! You ever watch Cool Runnings? About the Jamaican Bob Sled Team. That's a funny show when they experience the COLD Weather the first time. I know you've been in London's cold winter before but it's a great show.

Yes I did watch it a long time ago Butch.

Just how much de-icer does it take to deal with this then?

A couple of truckloads of road salt should do the trick on the ice. And the paint. [biggrin]

I definitely want no part of it. I tease my friends all the time when it gets cold here that I just keep moving further south every few years and joke about the "two weeks of summer" that people north of the Ohio River get.

I'm just relieved that the 30 plus temperatures eased off late yesterday with a cool change. About 73 F here today and that is lovely! We've had a couple of weeks of needing the A/C and ceiling fans!

I was down by the water yesterday morning and there were people swimming.

Hope it stays cool for a while!

Archived