Gibson Brands Forums

Kristofferson SJ

Johnt

At homecoming a few years ago, the music Villa had 2. They were very nice, and the farm workers logo at the 12th fret looks very cool.

There is a new Vintage Sj for sale on some of the forums that I expect is real similar but for the signature and the ufw logo fret marker.

........ I've often wondered what the difference between his SJ and one without his name is. ........ [thumbup]

I looked up the specs and from what I read, the Kris model has bone nut and saddle vs tusk, upgraded tuners, different neck shape, AAA-grade Sitka spruce top, custom inlays and custom case.

Sorry, never seen one.

But - if you're not aware - in your search... on this Gibson website, under Gibson Guitar Board forums - there is a section for 'gear, etc' which lists a Trading Post forum. You can post an "In Search Of ... a Kristofferson SJ" thread and see what happens. G'Luck.

Thanks for replies guys

I kinda think it's a bit of a Hoky Grail job

I thought my 5 year quest for a J200-12 was bad enough

Set for the long haul, I'm a huge Kristofferson fan

I know a guitar shop owner in Suffolk who owned one and probably still does. The way he has talked about it in the past, I can't imagine he would have sold it or that it would be for sale. But I suppose I could enquire subtly the next time I'm passing by.

Sorry, never seen one.

But - if you're not aware - in your search... on this Gibson website, under Gibson Guitar Board forums - there is a section for 'gear, etc' which lists a Trading Post forum. You can post an "In Search Of ... a Kristofferson SJ" thread and see what happens. G'Luck.

Good idea

Thanks

I know a guitar shop owner in Suffolk who owned one and probably still does. The way he has talked about it in the past, I can't imagine he would have sold it or that it would be for sale. But I suppose I could enquire subtly the next time I'm passing by.

Would appreciate that

Not Robbie by any chance?

In Suffolk a fair amount

. . . But I missed it

I didn't

Wha-t ? Surely you're not going through the trouble and expense to have it shipped back across the pond, are you? [biggrin]

John- gotta be careful when you make a post like that OP, and not check back ; someone like Brixa just might be be up for the challenge of finding you one!

Guys thanks so much

But I missed it

Kicking myself it was a great price too

Ouch!'

I just received the guitar and you did miss out on a good one. If it weren't for the pick guard scratches, you'd think it had never been played. Simple setup and it will be ready to go.

Archived