Gibson Brands Forums

Imgur Test - VIDEO ADDED

Buc McMaster

As many have determined, Photobucket sucks! So let's see if this other photo hosting site is worth its' salt............

9FhX5nW.jpg?2

Well yeah.....that seems simple enough. And while we're on the subject.......this mic/amp rig is the cat's meow! I've got it dialed in now and can crank the volume pretty high here in my little office without feedback. And you can't fool a good microphone - it faithfully and naturally reproduces exactly what's behind it, warts and all! I must admit I was hesitant to spend the money for the Edwina but boy howdy I'm glad I did. And the Schertler amp is just crystal clear and uncolored with a nice, warm spring reverb onboard. And no mess of cords to deal with......just one 3ft mic cable and away we go. I'm a happy camper!

And it works well with the "short Stand" too!

IqK3yah.jpg?2

That is all. [thumbup]

I have been using Imgur for a couple of weeks, seems great...quick and easy. My photos do need 'redrawing' in the Gibson forum - when you first post the photo it comes up at what looks to be 72 dpi and the giant size...it gurgles for a minute and then shrinks the photo but increases the resolution. Hope that isn't too confusing.

It could be a long involved process moving existing photos from Photobucket so I just move one here and there and load it...just to see how it goes.

It will be interesting how Ingur handles a few thousand photos........

BluesKing777.

I SO want that Edwina...........sadly they have a rich price tag.

Yeah, kinda. I have always figured enjoying life is worth the price of admission..........you only live once and all that trite stuff that happens to be true. I've always been willing to endure a little temporary pain, be it financial or otherwise, to chase an idea or try to realize a dream...........as I get older this is no less important to me.

You ought to be able to do the same kind of setup with your AT mic and a combo amp of suitable size.......yes? Doesn't have to be an Edwina, does it?

Sexy, schmexy. Having a good look on stage has some importance, but it's all about what you can do with what you got and how it sounds out front. I made this video this morning of the Schneider song.......got the lyrics in me head now. This take is with the Hummingbird/K&K Pure plugged directly into the amp, using the Edwina for vocal only, with the EQ set absolutely flat on both channels. I put the laptop and Yeti mic across the room at about 12ft away to get a "how-does-it-sound-in-the-room" recording. Sounds pretty good at distance, I think, though there are a few passages that sound like the Yeti got a little overdriven.......from across the room! The amp was at a good small room volume.

Hummingbird Plugged In

Buc I always hear a little distortion in your voice in your videos, I listen with head phones and have to turn the volume down.

Your voice is powerful, you could probably be heard with out a mic

I do have a tough time getting the mic gain set properly much of the time.........my bad. I generally just set the crap up, turn it on and go for it.......not much of a tech head. Heard without a mic? Here at the house, yes, no doubt, but a noisy barroom is a different environment what with all the serious conversations and unintelligible shouting going on!

Thanks for listening........I'll try to do better with the recording!

I do have a tough time getting the mic gain set properly much of the time.........my bad. I generally just set the crap up, turn it on and go for it.......not much of a tech head. Heard without a mic? Here at the house, yes, no doubt, but a noisy barroom is a different environment what with all the serious conversations and unintelligible shouting going on!

Thanks for listening........I'll try to do better with the recording!

Turn the gain down a little. You're overmodulating quite a bit. As an alternative, move away from the mic a bit. It's OK in the quieter passages, but pretty pronounced when you crank your voice a bit.

The guitar sounds OK, but is right on the edge. The vocals are over the edge into distortion.

Love the song and performance.

Archived