Gibson Brands Forums

"Choirgirl"

BluesKing777

Thanks BBG!

I gave it a 5 minute test run with the u/s pickup through my gadgetry - sounds great, no hisses or crackles and pops!

It is the LSE1 (Limited Stage Edition) - blurb from shop:

This fantastic used Lowden LSE 1 acoustic electric thinline from 1993 has just arrived in our shop and it's a pearler! There weren't many built. I'd be surprised if there are more than a couple hundred of them made. F size/shape with a 43 mm nut and a more shallow body. The idea was to build a guitar that would feedback less and work well as a stage guitar (SE=Stage Edition). This guitar has a Spruce top, with cutaway, and comes with a built in pickup. Back and sides are mahogany giving the sound a little more simplicity and focus than a full depth Lowden. but still clearly part of the Lowden family. Includes a hard case.

It is also great for mic'ing up and for recording because the bass and some extraneous eq is cut. Works!

BluesKing777.

Thanks!

Having 2 Irish guitars are way better than drinking green beer on St Pats! Not sure what that is about, but you know...

Now both have intricate wood bindings, among other things, of what I know not, maybe Sycamore, but it is really nice and it obviously helps the guitar tone so I may just get some other guitars re-bound! :rolleyes: No more plain white binding for this duck! I imagine it would be harder to do the wood than a plastic.....

BluesKing777.

I added some more photos - the 2 Lowdens with the beginning of the cause of the problem - my custom Cargill which is very Lowden(ish) with the exotic woods and all. (Looking up about the timbers led me to the Lowdens).

But first, the Hiscox cases with road crew, outside ones are the ones that came with the Lowdens, both doing fairly well after nearly 25 years and the ivory one is the new one for the Cargill from last November.

Having some 'redraw' problems with the photos in Imgur today, just testing now...

56g9qxe.jpg

See, I am officially nutso - all roads lead to, point me to them and all that:

BQqdQOK.jpg

BluesKing777.

more to come...

The guitars - L>R Lowden S35, Cargill, Lowden LSE1 and all very, very expressive to play. Probably why they are so famous?:

PjNHdgF.jpg

Had to lie them down a bit as the sun was hitting the headstocks:

uxnFaIZ.jpg

Can't for get the backs:

EW5xIJX.jpg

s8bnysy.jpg

BluesKing777.

So some bonehead has gone through this thread and put red minus ones, but too cowardly to reply with a reason?

Possibly a low IQ 13 year old or someone that doesn't appreciate my photography efforts, or Lowdens, or my guitar playing? Hard to know which if they just troll around.

Let's hear your playing or see your work then if you are so special....

BluesKing777.

You can't put lowdens on a Gibson forum , ya wally

Not true, Wally yourself.

The rules are we can put other guitars up here as long as we put a warning in the heading. Which we did.

But that is not the point, BBG - the point is someone putting an X without a reason and an explanation.

And if you have a close look at the last few pages, the only mention of Gibson is complaints, stupidity, bashing and ....glue spots for crying out loud!

BluesKing777.

Snakes in the grass

I hear ya , grown men ��

And keep in mind I have a Gibson acoustic or 2 and that I have shown parts of those and played them to the extent that there is not much left to show without being some kind of rude!

No, it is a matter of respect and hiding anon is ....creepy stuff and an excuse for many things.

And we will be here still when they are long gone because I am actually very happy with my flawless Gibsons.

BluesKing777.

Really nice tune. You and the guitar are easy-on-the-ears. Sad how there are so many super songs that only get heard "by chance" in an internet forum. Thanks for sharing this one.

Oh thanks there, MP!

These songs I have done recently are probably not much like the originals but are my fingerstyle arrangements of tunes that have been on the radio locally recently - ha! 1977. [flapper]

But they are all in a large book I picked up at the music shop a few months ago. Now I was playing another tune from this book and the writer had a band in the early 90s that a drummer I know joined and dragged the Boss and I to have a look at. The guy was a really meek singer songwriter type with not on ounce of showbiz and I thought they were headed to the scrapheap, but he replaced himself as singer with a well known pro and had a radio hit and then another and another. And the first hit was than covered by a pop monster and everyone got rich and got awards! And then the first guy became a top record producer! And now his name is on the song in my book.....

BluesKing777.

So much to be impressed about by that song! I really like the way your mix of both voice and guitar blend so well with each other! I'm envious of your skills both as a photographer and a bluesman! No doubt it costs you a small fortune but I'm glad we get it all for free! Thanks for sharing BK!

So much to be impressed about by that song! I really like the way your mix of both voice and guitar blend so well with each other! I'm envious of your skills both as a photographer and a bluesman! No doubt it costs you a small fortune but I'm glad we get it all for free! Thanks for sharing BK!

Thanks Aero!

No need to be envious of any skills I have - the are just from 'keeping at it'. And I hope to 'keep at it' some more! [thumbup]

But it is an expensive business being a blues picker these days, unless you play a cheap pawn shop box and don't want any photos or recordings... [mellow]

So I am a fully self taught hack photographer but the best thing I ever did photography-wise was buy my Nikon SLR, and I think they still make the same one but with a few extra numbers and functions like wi fi or stuff I don't think I need.

And another 'best thing' I did recording-wise was buy my Neumann KM184 mic - it picks up both my vocal and guitar nicely in one track! I don't have the skills or patience really, to sit and remix and eq and master and all that, so my tracks are what they were recorded like, good or bad. I know some soundie types will be mortified....

Seems like different fields, recording and photography, but they both go in the same Mac! And if I can raise the quality of both on the way IN to the computer, with better mic or camera, the computer can do its worst and the rest stays pretty good. Does that make any sense?

BluesKing777.

Archived