Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard

Camo69

G'day folks. I am writing from Sydney Australia and this is my first post! I am the proud owner of a Epiphone 50th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard tribute guitar. Fans of this model will know there was only 1959 units made and they came with a Lifton style brown hard case with pink lining like the 50's Gibson cases as well as a certificate of authenticity.

Firstly, let me say I know this guitar is genuine and it has a serial number engraved in the back of the head stock like the originals, and secondly, I despise counter fitters and cheats. For the appropriate people, I will happily provide any photos and identification required if need be. I am desperate to replace the missing COA and case at any cost, to make my guitar complete once more. I have spoken to the company who has the importing rights from Gibson which was an exercise in frustration. If anybody knows where or who I need to speak to, I would forever be in your gratitude. Kind regards Cameron, Sydney Australia.

How are they missing? Did you lose them? Someone take them?

Did you buy it knowing they were missing? Who did you buy the guitar from?

You left a lot of info out of your post.

I don't see how you will every be able to replace those 2 things. Maybe there is a way, but I just don't see how. You said yourself they only made 1959.

I say, if it's a good guitar, then just enjoy playing the great guitar. It doesn't need a COA or that particular case to make the guitar sound good. :)

Good luck!

Welcome mate.

For the case it might be worth contacting Gibson Customer Service directly (via website?) to see if they use the same cases for other models (Bonamassa's etc) and maybe you could order one from them. If not - hate to say it, but the 'replica' joints in China might be the only way. COA - seems unlikely Epi would supply a new one - probably best just to say goodbye to it (no, I'm not going to suggest the replica mob for that!)

Archived