Gibson Brands Forums

For one night

rct

Yeah, man. Chicks at college loved The Cure! Lotsa good memories in those songs. [thumbup]

Brilliant stuff too. Generally I say any band or player that you can identify with just a few notes deserves the utmost respect. Especially since after 30+ years I'm still sounding like everybody else. [crying]

Funny, my wife and I watched an hour long documentary on The Cure tonight. We both love them. Rock legends usually does only a half hour show. The Cure had an entire hour. It was fabulous. We'd go see them in a heartbeat.

Guest Farnsbarns

I had no idea they'd 'broken' the US. Always thought of them as a UK only band. Like all good Brit musicians Robert Smith lived near me and I used to see him about.

No doubt this will make RCTs impression that this is a tiny island and we all know each other even worse.

I like a couple of songs off each album. Except for "Bloodflowers", where I liked the whole album. Oh, and that "Cut here" song was surprisingly good for a new song added to a greatest hits album to stimulate sales ;)

I had no idea they'd 'broken' the US. Always thought of them as a UK only band. Like all good Brit musicians Robert Smith lived near me and I used to see him about.

No doubt this will make RCTs impression that this is a tiny island and we all know each other even worse.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I didn't even have to say it!

Tell him I still vainly attempt Pictures alone on acoustic when I get a bee in my bonnet and the drinkers are crowd enough, and thanks for writing it.

rct

Wow, thanks for posting RCT...............what a great version of Pictures of you.

They were always a "guilty pleasure" band of mine.............I wasn't cool enough (or pop enough) to do the black hair dye and pale face makeup that their true fans at our high school did, but I always listened to them anyway........lol.

I always thought this one was just a brilliant pop song.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dhn_iIQXDE

NHTom

Ministry, Slayer and the Cure headlined one of the first festivals I went to. I did see the first two. Still kicking myself for missing the Cure.

There's a lake next to the backstage area at the Hultsfred (Sweden) festival. According to Al Jourgensen's book, he pushed Slayer's trailer into the lake because he had a problem with Kerry King. Quote, "he's not a nice person".

Both Ministry and Slayer were awesome, of course. To this day, people come up to me and think Motorhead were loud. They were, but Ministry wuz bananas. The ground shook.

I recommend Al's autobiography. I honestly believe that the only reason he's still alive (and kicking) is The Grays.

Archived