Gibson Brands Forums

It had to be done

SmokeyGhost

A farewell to some old friends. It ain't that I didn't love them but we no longer saw much of each other and they have found other friends who will hopefully see them more often.

Gone

Cole Clarke FL3AC

Maton EM325C

Crafter Lite CD/CE N

Epiphone Dot

Epiphone SG-400

Epiphone Standard Les Paul PlusTop Pro

PRS SE Singlecut Trem

Gretsch G5135 Corvette

Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin

Tanglewood TW47E

Seagull S6 Original QI

Martin GPCPA4

Artist OM Black Devil

Roland Cube 40-XL

AER Compact 60/2

Vox Mini 3

Yamaha THR 5A

These friends have stayed to keep me comfort in my hours of need

Gibson Les Paul Studio 2014

PRS SE One Korina

Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster Butterscotch Blonde

Epiphone ES-175

Epiphone ES-339 P90 Pro

Fender 2015 American Standard HSS Shawbucker

Gibson J-45TV

Maton Custom Shop (she will always be by my side)

Martin 000-17SM

Alhambra 7C

Roland AC33

Yamaha THR 10C

Fender Blues Junior III

That's some pretty serious herd thinning!

Guess it is. Took a few months but the proceeds did enable me to buy a couple of new gits and a tube amp (first one) with some moolah left over.

There is an additional reason to thin the herd as I've sold my home, my partner has sold hers and we have purchased a three-bedroom townhouse. Got a bit silly with both of us living in our own four-bedroom home with all our respective children having moved out. So we've raised combined $2.2M through the sales and purchased a place for $760,500 with each contributing equally. The remaining funds are not pooled and each is free to do whatever with their share. The townhouse has heaps of storage space internally, plus a two-car garage and large lock-up storeroom attached. It's all coming together in a way.

Gone

Cole Clarke FL3AC

Maton EM325C

Crafter Lite CD/CE N

Epiphone Dot

Epiphone SG-400

Epiphone Standard Les Paul PlusTop Pro

PRS SE Singlecut Trem

Gretsch G5135 Corvette

Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin

Tanglewood TW47E

Seagull S6 Original QI

Martin GPCPA4

Artist OM Black Devil

Roland Cube 40-XL

AER Compact 60/2

Vox Mini 3

Yamaha THR 5A

I sold my Martin GPCPA4 too. Didn't bond. I'm keeping my Epiphone Standard Les Paul PlusTop....

lpp390.jpg

How did you actually sell all that stuff SG?

I'd like to sell all but a couple here but freight kills the interest.

G'Day, Dig. Most sold through word of mouth and I also used Gumtree for six of them to local buyers so freight wasn't an issue. All pretty straight forward cash transactions (and I haven't dealt in actual cash for so long I'd almost forgotten what it looks like.)

It was a bit difficult to part with them and I really had to think about doing so but I hadn't played them as often as they should be played plus I considered I needed to reduce the number in preparation for the move. I treated the disposal as getting rid of things and things don't have emotion. It's people who attach emotion to them as you know. It's going to be the same with all my household furniture and if it don't sell then to the tip it goes whether it be a 1900 dresser made out of Huon Pine or a $10 bedside table. My partner is going to do the same. Being ruthless is the only way to go in my opinion.

G'Day, Dig. Most sold through word of mouth and I also used Gumtree for six of them to local buyers so freight wasn't an issue. All pretty straight forward cash transactions (and I haven't dealt in actual cash for so long I'd almost forgotten what it looks like.)

It was a bit difficult to part with them and I really had to think about doing so but I hadn't played them as often as they should be played plus I considered I needed to reduce the number in preparation for the move. I treated the disposal as getting rid of things and things don't have emotion. It's people who attach emotion to them as you know. It's going to be the same with all my household furniture and if it don't sell then to the tip it goes whether it be a 1900 dresser made out of Huon Pine or a $10 bedside table. My partner is going to do the same. Being ruthless is the only way to go in my opinion.

Yes I'm soon to do that, well me 'n a skip.

Good going. Bet you feel better. [thumbup]

More room for the new stuff.

I think about the guitars I let go and only the '94 Gibson LP makes me a bit sad because it was my first BUT I never played it. Seriously, it is way better off in my friend's hands and I needed the money so it was a good trade.

Long as you feel good about the load off.... [thumbup]

Good going

Archived