Gibson Brands Forums

Think I will surprise him . Done. almost

brc

I posted some pictures last week of some guitars I was building for my brother .

He picked up three of them, and then I got busy working on other guitars and had to put the his last one on hold for about a week.

On the last one, the sea foam green Stratocaster style guitar, all I had to do was finish buffing out the body, and put on the pick guard, neck, and do a set up on it.

I finished buffing out the body , and I heard some one knocking on the door to my shop.

Not paying any attention to where my feet were and how I had some how tangled my foot with the electrical chord, as I turned to go answer the door, my foot pulled the electrical chord, which in turn pulled the newly painted body off my work bench smashing it my bench vise before it fell to the floor.

The guitar body landed on the lower horn ( body cut away ) chipping the paint. Not a bad chip, but still enough to pi--- me off.

I answered the door to some bone head neighbor wanting to borrow a tool.

I handed him the tool, slammed the door as he left, looked at the chip in the new paint, and was so fu---- mad, I turned on my table saw and cut the body into four pieces !

DAMN !!!

So the last couple of hours I spent prepping another body for the sea foam paint color.

I knew I should not have answered the door.

I sure hope he likes the four guitars I put together for him.

62F67DEF-BCE4-4EDE-99DE-5D8887C26376_zpsc4fyg2hh.jpg

Think a little glue and some finish nails with fix it right up like new.

Anger Management Classes?

Just kidding. That sort of thing is frustrating. Not sure you felt satisfaction dismembering the first body, but I hope the second body makes it through the process [biggrin] Also, that color you chose....its cool [thumbup]

Archived