Gibson Brands Forums

As a response to all the "Gibson Bashing" going on

JuanCarlosVejar

My 2012 AJ's bridge is 3-pieces. No biggie to me. Guitar sounds ridiculously amazing. I've ditched several J45's because of it, including on of those new J45 Vintage models with the baked tops. Sounded like crap compared to the AJ, 3-piece bridge and all.

Yea, right.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I played a pizza joint last week and they gave me a $75 gift certificate. Does that count?

"Yes," time to bury this thread..... Lots of people obviously get offended by lots of things. Hope no one is offended by pizza, or cheese, or mushrooms, or Italian sausage, or anchovies, or tomatoes, and so on and on and on.

Returning to my "safe place, where I'm surrounded by guitars and more guitars.......oh, and glue.

Hey, I played a pizza joint last week and they gave me a $75 gift certificate. Does that count?

"Yes," time to bury this thread..... Lots of people obviously get offended by lots of things. Hope no one is offended by pizza, or cheese, or mushrooms, or Italian sausage, or anchovies, or tomatoes, and so on and on and on.

Returning to my "safe place, where I'm surrounded by guitars and more guitars.......oh, and glue.

I love pizza, Coincidentally I ate at a pizza joint this week and they handed me a bill for $75.00, of which I was happy to pay because like I said, I love pizza...and beer.

Yes, Past time to bury this thread. There does appear to be some sensitive people on some of these threads.

Fish glue?

Wow, you keep posting.

And so do you. You guys *****ing and moaning the most about these threads being useless and what not seem to be the ones who are posting the most in said threads! If it wasn't for threads like this the sad truth is this forum would be a ghost town. Instead of crying about mindless threads that apparently agitate you to no end how about starting a thread contributing something?

I 've been racked up with the fly for the last several days, so this is all just entertaining to me. I also try and contribute meaningful threads. I recently took delivery of a J45 Vintage and wrote up a review of it and why I sent it back, and also created a thread about replacing the nut for my AJ with bone blanks with pics of the process. Those threads got hardly any attention compared to these threads that the lot of you apparently hate, yet contribute to the most. There are also many other threads from members that touch on valid topics not related to gossip, trashing or bashing, but those also get ignored. Mind you these threads where you guys all complain are pure entertainment for me and I have nothing against them, but for those of you where these threads get under your skin so much, calling each other out, calling for them to be closed and for everyone to stop posting, why do you continually keep contributing to them?

Flash back 16 or 17 years, when the internet was just becoming useful (Ah, Napster!): I found the early iteration of this board and asked if anyone had advice about replacing the cracked and lifting plastic bridge on my '64 LG-1. Somebody named Eric, claiming to be a company VP, chimed in right away. After researching and comparing specs, he thought that a rosewood bridge from an SJ might be the best fit. He then mailed it to me. No charge.

So back when companies were just catching the internet wave, Gibson had this forum up and running. And, they were using it (at least Eric was) to interface with customers.

Now, of course a lot of things have changed, but the way that played out? It didn't make me a customer; the sound of their guitars (including that LG-1 which was in my DNA by then) did. But it predisposes me favorably toward believing the company might stand by its product. Never having had an issue with the next two purchases, I've not had occasion in the years since to confirm or dispel the notion.

This seemed as good a place and time as any to tell the tale. (Eric, if you're still out there---thanks.)

Now, of course a lot of things have changed

Not long ago Jeremy was pretty much active on these boards and always gave good advices when someone was requesting support. I guess there is still a few from Gibson hanging around...

It's a nice jacket. I bought it a few years ago on fleabay from a country singer named Billy Yates out in California for about $75. The front isn't as impressive as the back, but it has a nice logo. Looks pretty good when you're between two great chick musicians...

dsc_0455heart_zps86144611.jpg

Time has been unkind to Axl, Slash actually looks better.

and gift certificates apparently! [laugh]

Damn man all I said was I thought it would be a good idea if they did a gift card for a shirt as to help self promote, I never said I was unhappy with the case candy you currently get I like getting strings. I was not whining about not getting it last time just wondering if they stopped doing it. What I WAS whining about was Gibson not responding to my emails asking if they quit doing it because if they had not I was owed a set of strings from the dealer. give it a break or learn how to read.

Damn man all I said was I thought it would be a good idea if they did a gift card for a shirt as to help self promote, I never said I was unhappy with the case candy you currently get I like getting strings. I was not whining about not getting it last time just wondering if they stopped doing it. What I WAS whining about was Gibson not responding to my emails asking if they quit doing it because if they had not I was owed a set of strings from the dealer. give it a break or learn how to read.

I feel your pain.

I like fish tacos.

They usually come with free salsa.

I like fish.

Complaint- why are there no Gibsons named after fish?

A. Because you can't tune a fish.

W/ apologies, JC (OP)- 'saw the need to send in the clowns.

Archived